My fellow Michiganders...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wordplay

Golden Member
Jun 28, 2010
if you don't mind me asking, who is the person we should vote into the MI governor seat and why? Or are we screwed no matter who wins?

Last edited:

nick1985

Lifer
Dec 29, 2002
There is no senate election in Michigan. Stay home, obviously voting in any house race is a mistake since you are clueless.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
We've had eight years of a Canadian transplant running the show and we haven't heard a peep from her this year. She's evidently content to slink off into the dark of night and good riddance to her.

I can't in good conscience vote for any candidate with the endorsement of the UAW. So there's my take on the situation. I usually always prefer the pro-business candidate over their counterpart. Up to now, I've earned a pretty decent living from big business.

But, I'm funny like that.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Indeed, Bill Clinton would have a hard time getting elected here if he had to follow her. Neither candidate is worth a shit imo. I won't be voting for either of them.

Slick5150

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 2001
Bernero is clueless. Snyder is pandering like crazy, promising that all we need to do is a couple things and the jobs will come flowing back to Michigan.

Snyder will win by a landslide, but he's going to have a REALLY hard time following through on any of what he's pledged. Especially with the dysfunctional state legislature Michigan has (THANKS term limits!!)

TraumaRN

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2005
I generally vote Democrat but I'm voting at least for Snyder for Governor. Can't stand Bernero he just SCREAMS more of the same stupid partisan shit. I'm going for Snyder on the hope he'll try to stay above the scrum and on the fact that he strikes me as a fairly moderate conservative(apparently they still exist) The fact that he has shied away from typical partisan things(abortion, gun control etc) and has focused fixing this broken state is encouraging to me.

So he gets my vote and my hope that he'll at least follow through on fixing things, cuz from day one he inherits a 1.6 billion dollar budget shortfall.

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
Or are we screwed no matter who wins?

Yes. People are so fed up with Grandholm that the Republicans only had to put someone up that could follow a few choice lines and spout off platitudes about change

Sadly, IMO, most of the non-idiots didn't make it out of the primaries - probably because they didn't froth at the mouth enough about "DEMONCRATS!" and actually had sense

Bernero is clueless. Snyder is pandering like crazy, promising that all we need to do is a couple things and the jobs will come flowing back to Michigan.

Snyder will win by a landslide, but he's going to have a REALLY hard time following through on any of what he's pledged. Especially with the dysfunctional state legislature Michigan has (THANKS term limits!!)

Yep

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
Sidenote: Maybe it's because we haven't been able to vote for very long but there seemed to be a complete lack of substance to the speaches and plans for most of the public officials we had to choose from

Oh - and we had two people running for the State Board of Education with grammatical typos in their responses to the League of Women Voter's questionaire. The wrong form of 'to'??!! And you want to be on the Board of Education?! COME ON!

halik

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
Voted for Rick Snyder

Been blown away by Jennie for sure, always on her knees when it comes to UAW.

TraumaRN

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2005
Voted this morning at my precinct which has about 600 registered votes, I was number 133 on the day(at 9:30 am) So pretty strong turnout so far for my area. Was a small line I waited about 5-7 minutes to vote. I noticed that only one person voted straight ticket(because it's just the one checkbox she was done in about 1 minute) Everyone else was definitely picking and choosing. I know that I spent almost 10 minutes since I didn't vote straight ticket.

mooseracing

Golden Member
Mar 9, 2006
Screw both the D's and R's. Neither will help and both bring the same old crap to the table.

At least Granholm is finally gone though.

Status
Not open for further replies.