My feet hurt!

dennilfloss

Past Lifer 1957-2014 In Memoriam
Oct 21, 1999
dennilfloss.blogspot.com
I must have walked 4-5 miles this afternoon. Went to the bank to deposit some money my parents gave me, then to two HMV stores to get the two Whites Stripes CDs I did not have (Elephant & White Blood Cells) at two for $25, then to Chapters to get a couple of $9.99 books on WWII planes for toilet reading (very important), then to McDonald's to eat a couple of 1/4 pounders with cheese and finally to a discount store to get a couple of cushions to hug while sleeping. :moon:

My prosthetic shoes are not very good for long walks.:frown:

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
dang, 72F , that would be nice, it was 102F today (39C) here, glad i was locked in my cubicle all day

dennilfloss

Oct 21, 1999
dennilfloss.blogspot.com
Originally posted by: SludgeFactory
Originally posted by: dennilfloss
How are your feet sore if you don't have feet? :confused: :p

My right leg is 1" shorter due to an old injury sustained during my teen years. Broke it when I fell under my opponent during a hockey fight. Right shoe sole is 1" thicker to compensate.

SludgeFactory

Platinum Member
Sep 14, 2001
My right leg is 1" shorter due to an old injury sustained during my teen years. Broke it when I fell under my opponent during a hockey fight. Right shoe sole is 1" thicker to compensate.
I was just screwing around, prosthetic is the term for when you're missing a body part. Technically you have an orthotic.

That sucks that you lost a whole inch from breaking a leg. Do you have any back/hip pain from it?

dennilfloss

Oct 21, 1999
dennilfloss.blogspot.com
It was a compound fracture with the yellowish bone and stuff protruding at a very sharp angle through the skin. They tried to just give me a whole leg cast and let it set but it slipped twice and I finally got some screws to hold it in place. Ended up spending 5 months with a whole leg cast from just playing hockey on my neighbour's backyard rink.

Never knew my leg had gotten shorter until my wife kept mentioning I was limping when I was ~25yo. Also had some back pain then and the doctor just measured my leg and told me of the size difference and that I had scoliosis as a result. The extra 1" in my right shoes has remedied the condition since then.

potoba

Oct 17, 2006
I must have walked 4-5 miles this afternoon. Went to the bank to deposit some money my parents gave me, then to two HMV stores to get the two Whites Stripes CDs I did not have (Elephant & White Blood Cells) at two for $25, then to Chapters to get a couple of $9.99 books on WWII planes for toilet reading (very important), then to McDonald's to eat a couple of 1/4 pounders with cheese and finally to a discount store to get a couple of cushions to hug while sleeping. :moon:

:cookie:

S

SlitheryDee

Originally posted by: SludgeFactory
How are your feet sore if you don't have feet? :confused: :p

It's called an orthopedic buildup.