My father has been hospitalized with Congestive Heart Failure

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Rike

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2004
Prayers for you both. Lean on family and friends; it what they're there for.

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
I'm so sorry to read about your fathers situation Iron Woode, you and your family have my thoughts and prayers :(

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
thanks once again for the good thoughts.

There are no updates as of yet on my father's condition.

He is depressed though.

I am slowly getting better.

This coming week my house is having some small renovations done. So it will be a little hectic around here. I will post when I can.

take care everyone.

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
Wow. Hope things work out. But don't let it get you down. Hopefully taking him off the meds will stop the bleeding. Until then, take it as easy as you can. I bet the last thing he wants is for your life to worsen because he's sick. He's in the closest thing I have to a prayer. Good luck.

<---------Agnostic

Rike

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2004
Originally posted by: Iron Woode

He is depressed though.

This coming week my house is having some small renovations done. So it will be a little hectic around here. I will post when I can.

take care everyone.

How are things now?

cker

Dec 19, 2005
Maybe not entirely what you want to hear, but congestive heart failure isn't neccesarily an immediate death sentence. My grandfather was diagnosed with it a couple of years ago -- on top of arterial blockages, multiple stints, diabetes and some other internal problems. Basically, with proper management it's not likely to take him out unless it's aggravated by a confluence of other problems. While I realize your father's got a confluence going on, my grandfather's been in and out of hospital a few times since then.

So maybe if the other stuff can get resolved, your dad's in better shape than you think? (hopefully) I know I had a fit when I heard about my grandfathers' CHF, but it's really turned out to be something he can live with for a while. Best wishes in an obviously trying time -- hopefully your father's case is similarly manageable.

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Rike
Originally posted by: Iron Woode

He is depressed though.

take care everyone.

How are things now?
here are some updates:

my dad has several blood clots in his lower extremities. The doctors are keeping an eye on this.

He has a host of other problems too.

He is doing better, but he is facing a lot of health issues. He is hopeful he will be in a nursing home soon. He likes the regiment of a nursing home and he won't have to worry about keeping track of his meds or his food.

As for the reno:

I am getting both upstairs bathrooms (one ensuite) redone. Doing the floors now and the rest as my budget allows. Today new sub-floors went in both bathrooms. Ceramic tile will go in Friday and on Saturday I will have the plumber out to replace the pipe flanges and toilets. Next week I will be getting a new vanity for the one bathroom and a pedestal sink for the other.

Next Wednesday I have to call the junk removal guy and get rid of all the crap that has been pulled out.

AlienCraft

Lifer
Nov 23, 2002
rose.gif