My fan says only 4400 rpm or so? Need help with oc duron!

Balael

Oct 12, 2000
Thanks to all who helped me! I have a duron 600 at 1000, 1.75 voltage running around 42c rendering pictures in bryce, so i consider that a pretty full load. But it says my fop38 is only spinning at 4400 or so rpm? i thought it was rated at 7000 rpm or something like that? If anyone could tell me how to up the rpm of my fan i'd be greatly appreciative.

Also, i don't think i have my bios set up correctly for my ram, could use some examples from what everyone else has? thanks a lot.

pj

Vpham97

Sep 15, 2000
Hey,
If you are at 42 C w/ a good system load. That's pretty good. You don't want your FOp to spin faster do you? It will get louder if anything. Thing seem to be working out pretty good your way. You have the best of both world right now.

C'mon, anybody else has the solution.

If you need help w/ your ram. Please post your system spec. What type of memory do you have. Cas 2, or Cas 3.

Read the Firing Squad Ram reviews here if you don't understand alot from Ram. Seem like even at PC133, there is only about 5% difference between Cas 2 & Cas 3 setting.

Balael

Oct 12, 2000
thanks a bunch. yeah it's running great, and rock solid. I'm just pissed now because i order from Icompz, i was supposed to get overnight delivery, it took it 3 days, i ordered the fop38, and now i see that they gave me the fop32-1. They are going to get a very unhappy phone call in the morning. Thanks a bunch. My ram is toshiba, pc100 cas2. I'm just not sure how i go about changing it, it also states 125 cas3, but i'm not sure how to change it to cas3, but i'm on my way to read that article, thanks for the help.

pj

Vpham97

Sep 15, 2000
What kind of motherboard do you have?

Fop 38 & 32 is the same Heat sink. The Fop 38 has a different fan which can get very loud. You can learn more from 2cooltek.

Your Ram will be faster under CAS 2(2-2-2 under Bios) at Pc100. You can try to overclock to Pc133 but leave the setting it at Cas 3. You can change this in your BIOS.

I'm sorry the link I provided is to Part 2(128 Vs 256 RAM) of the test. If you find Part 1(Pc100 Vs. Pc133), please let me know.