My face feels weird after shaving?

NokiaDude

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2002
I don't technically have alot of facial hair but I get this unsightly "fuzz" that looks ugly so I decided to shave it. Well, the first time I shaved, I used a SensorExcel and some cheap ass Colgate saving cream. Took me two tries to get a clean shave but I didn't nick myself! Well, today I went out and bought some nice Gillette Complete Skincare Gel and a Mach3. The gel was awesome stuff, and the razor was amazing. But since I'm a noob, it took me two tries to get my face clean of hair. Well, now my face feels tight and rubbery. Is this my skin getting tougher because of shaving?

warcrow

Lifer
Jan 12, 2004
Its probably the shaving cream. Did you get menthol shaving cream or something?

Jeff7181

Lifer
Aug 21, 2002
Putting a warm cloth on your face first is supposed to soften the hairs and make them easier to cut... so you get a more clean shave. Also, sometimes it makes a difference what direction the hairs grow out of your skin. I've used a Mach 3 for years, but I'll be switching back to regular disposable Bic razors after this last pack of blades I have are gone. I actually find I get just as good a shave with the Bics as I do the Mach 3. So I might as well save some money... before I got my Mach 3 I use to get bags of 20 or 30 (can't recall) disposables for $1.

Murphy Durphy

Golden Member
Aug 12, 2003
That feeling is relatively normal for a couple minutes. If you still feel a bit weird after that then you might have some problems with the gel or something.

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
This so cute...his First Shave. :heart: :D

I shave at about 5:30AM every day. By 3:00PM, I need to shave again. :roll: Being hirstute is a real PITA.

NokiaDude

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2002
Yeah, About 2 months ago I noticed this fuzz was reallly noticable, os I shaved it using my dad' razor and cream. I didn't like his "equipment" so I bought my own. I'll most likely need to shave only once a week. It's just fuzz, not "beard" hair.

Crucial

Diamond Member
Dec 21, 2000
Why don't you ask your dad? The feeling is fine. It'll go away in a little while. I think it's invigorating, refreshing even.

Few tips, don't ever shave without showering first unless you have to. Helps cut down on razor burn. Use a good gel and a mach3 razor. It is the best I have ever used. I used to get razor burn with other razors. Never again after the mach3.

The fab 5 say to shave with the grain but thats hard for me. Mine switch directions on different parts of my face.

BadNewsBears

Diamond Member
Dec 14, 2000
Try washing your face afterwards with a dove foaming cleanser. Real soft like. Might be a caoting on your skin from the gillet stuff.

nan0bug

Banned
Apr 22, 2003
Your face makes me feel wierd, like I almost want to throw up but not really.

I KID, I KID.

:)