My Evolving Political Beliefs and The Republican Party

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
Yes it does. And the Barack Obama campaign website bragged about this fact.

No, it does not. Women are paying for it almost as much as men.

Women are paying almost as much as men for government. If you're going to say men are paying for women's government-provided contraception, I could say.. just as (im)plausibly that women are paying for the wars men start.

Tax revenue from men cannot fund all or even an overwhelming portion of government.

Last edited:

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
No, it does not. Women are paying for it almost as much as men.

Women are paying almost as much as men for government. If you're going to say men are paying for women's government-provided contraception, I could say.. just as (im)plausibly that women are paying for the wars men start.

One. Even using a laughably simplistic analysis according to your numbers women pay for 36% of government.

Two. Women cost more to insure for health. The ACA bans gender ratings. Which means that not-women (ie men) are subsidizing women.

Three. Do you really want to make a comparison between how many men vs. women die in US wars? Also see point one.

Agent11

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2006
Guess what, anyone using healthcare at all is subsidizing those that do not pay their medical bills. So your argument is S>T>U>P<I<D.

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Guess what, anyone using healthcare at all is subsidizing those that do not pay their medical bills. So your argument is S>T>U>P<I<D.

That's why Rightists wants anyone without Health insurance to go to the Emergency Room because the care is much much cheaper...LOLWUT?? Guess what you STILL have to pay for it in the end you cheap fucks. You REALLY think Hospitals would eat these costs?? LMFAO!

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
One. Even using a laughably simplistic analysis according to your numbers women pay for 36% of government.

Your conclusions are laughably simplistic. Pick 36% of government you'd like to cut.. and tell me it's insignificant.

Two. Women cost more to insure for health. The ACA bans gender ratings. Which means that not-women (ie men) are subsidizing women.

Not a lot more, and that's really only because they live longer and they actually go to the doctor for early detection.

Three. Do you really want to make a comparison between how many men vs. women die in US wars? Also see point one.

See my reply to one. Pick 36% of government you'd like to cut.. and tell me it's insignificant.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Not a lot more, and that's really only because they live longer and they actually go to the doctor for early detection.

So you are conceding that ACA forces men to subsidize women's healthcare.

Why shouldn't women pay more for the privilege of living longer?

See my reply to one. Pick 36% of government you'd like to cut.. and tell me it's insignificant.

Military, medicaid, food stamps, WIC, TANF, section 8 housing...

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
So you are conceding that ACA forces men to subsidize women's healthcare.

36% of government, not all or even most of which is mostly geared at women, is subsidized by women.

Men can stop subsidizing women's healthcare if women can stop subsidizing government for men.

Why shouldn't women pay more for the privilege of living longer?

It's not a privilege. It's a reality.

Military, medicaid, food stamps, WIC, TANF, section 8 housing...

That's 36% of government? Fine.. cut all of those things... after all, they're paid for by women. Then you can stop paying for women's healthcare.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
36% of government, not all or even most of which is mostly geared at women, is subsidized by women.

TANF, Medicaid, WIC, section 8 all clearly geared toward women.

Hell, I even read liberals complaining that cutting medicare and SS would be a "war on women" since they disproportionally benefit women.

Men can stop subsidizing women's healthcare if women can stop subsidizing government for men.

Please feel free to point out which parts of government are geared toward men

It's not a privilege. It's a reality.

If women are really complaining that they have to live longer than men.... wow what a bunch of spoiled brats.

But really given the choice would prefer, (a) live longer, (b) lower health care costs

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
nehalem said:
If women are really complaining that they have to live longer than men.... wow what a bunch of spoiled brats.

But really given the choice would prefer, (a) live longer, (b) lower health care costs

The only one complaining is you.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
TANF, Medicaid, WIC, section 8 all clearly geared toward women.

Hell, I even read liberals complaining that cutting medicare and SS would be a "war on women" since they disproportionally benefit women.

Liberals were wrong, and so are you. Medicaid costs approximately $300B. TANF is $17B, WIC (at $7B) is a part of the Food & Nutrition Service which is itself part of the USDA (which, itself, benefits men more than women.. as most farmers are men) and section 8 is approximately $17B... for a combined total of $341B. Section 8 is a part of HUD.. which benefits men, too.

40% of Medicaid recipients are men... so $120B is on them. Medicaid is not "geared toward" one gender or another, however.

Please feel free to point out which parts of government are geared toward men

The military and the VA. The DoD and the VA combined cost a little over $600B.

They're not complaining about living longer.

Last edited:

Emos

Golden Member
Oct 27, 2000
I would argue that providing contraceptive coverage makes sense from a cost-benefit and social aspect, if there is no pregnancy there is no abortion to worry about and no worry about potentially providing govt care for that child**

Also I might be late to the game, what's up with all the asterisk in threads and posts today?

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Liberals were wrong, and so are you** Medicaid costs approximately $300B** TANF is $17B, WIC (at $7B) is a part of the Food & Nutrition Service which is itself part of the USDA (which, itself, benefits men more than women**** as most farmers are men) and section 8 is approximately $17B****** for a ***bined total of $341B** Section 8 is a part of HUD**** which benefits men, too**

So $341B * 10 year * (reasonable inflation adjustment) would seem to get you to the goal of cutting $4 trillion from the deficit over 10 years** No need for tax increases after all**

40% of Medicaid recipients are men****** so $120B is on them** Medicaid is not "geared toward" one gender or another, however**

And yet 60% go to one gender** And I wonder how much of that $120B goes to supporting the bastards that women choose to have

The military and the VA** The DoD and the VA ***bined cost a little over $600B**

(1) The military is not designed to benefit men

(2) The reason men get more care from the VA is they are more likely to die and have their limbs blown off** Having your limbs blown off does not benefit you**

(3) Military service is voluntary** Maybe if an insufficient number of women volunteer we should draft them until the number of men/women serving is equal**

(4) I listed military first as something to cut**

They're not ***plaining about living longer**

They seem to be ***plaining about the cost of living longer**

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Guess what, anyone using healthcare at all is subsidizing those that do not pay their medical bills** So your argument is S>T>U>P<I<D**

we are all subsidizing old, poor, veterans, and all manner of people's healthcare and we have been for many decades**

It is this direct attack on women, as if they are somehow more insidious amongst these other groups, that so clearly paints nehalem as the misogynist dingbat that most recognize him to be** His utter indifference to the very same practice across any other spectrum of interest group is so blatantly transparent**

He can pull out any kind of obfuscating argument, empty of substance, from out of his ass that he wants, but none of them have ever masked the fact that he simply dislikes women and for whatever reason has some direct bitterness directed at how they have somehow wronged him**

Of this, there is no doubt

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
we are all subsidizing old, poor, veterans, and all manner of people's healthcare and we have been for many decades**

It is this direct attack on women, as if they are somehow more insidious amongst these other groups, that so clearly paints nehalem as the misogynist dingbat that most recognize him to be** His utter indifference to the very same practice across any other spectrum of interest group is so blatantly transparent**

You obviously missed the part where I said cut medicaid huh (seems like the would impact the poor)**

Veterans get health care for providing a service to society**

And the difference is women used to have a way to get men to provide them with healthcare** It was called marriage**

Then women decided they wanted to be independent from men** And then threw a fit that one of the consequences was they didnt have men to subsidize their health care anymore** Just like single men do not get wives to subsidize their food or car insurance costs (which are higher than women)**

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
You obviously missed the part where I said cut medicaid huh (seems like the would impact the poor)**

Veterans get health care for providing a service to society**

And the difference is women used to have a way to get men to provide them with healthcare** It was called marriage**

Then women decided they wanted to be independent from men** And then threw a fit that one of the consequences was they didnt have men to subsidize their health care anymore** Just like single men do not get wives to subsidize their food or car insurance costs (which are higher than women)**

I guess rearing our children isn't a valuable service@#@#

Yeah, women do nothing valuable for us@#@# Fuck them all, right?

You have still failed to show me how your apparent possession of a uterus somehow makes you @#@#@#parable to (and deserving of the same treatment as) women@#@#

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
So $341B * 10 year * (reasonable inflation adjustment) would seem to get you to the goal of cutting $4 trillion from the deficit over 10 years** No need for tax increases after all**

And yet 60% go to one gender** And I wonder how much of that $120B goes to supporting the bastards that women choose to have

This isn't the 1950s@#@#@#@#@#@# sorry@#@# Please continue to replay Leave It To Beaver in your mind all you want, but the rest of us will be living in the real world@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@# where "the good ol' days" weren't so good@#@#

(1) The military is not designed to benefit men

(2) The reason men get more care from the VA is they are more likely to die and have their limbs blown off** Having your limbs blown off does not benefit you**

And yet the military is geared toward men@#@#

(3) Military service is voluntary** Maybe if an insufficient number of women volunteer we should draft them until the number of men/women serving is equal**

The right to choose@#@#@#@#@#@# applies to both women's reproductive organs and to military service@#@#

(4) I listed military first as something to cut**

I seriously doubt you want the military cut@#@# It's too male of an organization for you to want cuts made@#@#

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
This isn't the 1950s@#@#@#@#@#@# sorry@#@# Please continue to replay Leave It To Beaver in your mind all you want, but the rest of us will be living in the real world@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@# where "the good ol' days" weren't so good@#@#

And as I said women are free to be independent from men@#@# As long as they stop whining about actually having be independent from men@#@#

And yet the military is geared toward men@#@#

Assume you are correct@#@# I want to cut military spending@#@# Does that mean I hate men?

I seriously doubt you want the military cut@#@# It's too male of an organization for you to want cuts made@#@#

It is essentially impossible to seriously cut the deficit without cutting the military@#@# Its simple math@#@#

Why would I want to spend my money on blowing up brown people anymore they I want to spend it on women being sluts?

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
I guess men are not involved in child rearing huh :rolleyes:

And raising other people children is not service to me@#@#

I hope you're ready to be stabbed by a child then, because it's much more likely if your attitude is contagious.