My elderly mom ordered this scooter. What do you think?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
0b4efce82d9a48bde5a262998211de44.jpg

What a machine! :D

Nov 8, 2012
That's a pretty fucked way of looking at things. Some people just become disabled as they get older, and no amount of forcing themselves to walk will fix it.

At least these devices can provide some freedom to go out over being nearly completely housebound.

Yes, and just like suggestions of "lose weight" people can take that out of context and say OMG what if they have thyroid disease?!

It ultimately just misses the point though and is designed to take things offensively that wasn't intended for it.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Yeah getting old sucks, and some people are dealt better cards than others when it comes to that. Some people just end up with all sorts of health issues while others stay healthy.

Reactions: Captante

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Yeah getting old sucks, and some people are dealt better cards than others when it comes to that. Some people just end up with all sorts of health issues while others stay healthy.

So far despite my recent health problems, pretty much everything still WORKS (praise jeebus!) ... it's just that NEARLY everything also HURTS while working now and NOT in a good way!

:confused_old:

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I dont know, but, make sure whatever she gets will meet her needs.

How far will she travel?
Will she be using it on the lawn/grass? what about dirt or gravel roads?

My MIL has severe arthritis and both of her knees need replacement, but surgery scares her. She moved to FL to get away from winters, she can still walk, but, she cant go very far, a scooter lets her get out and live her life.

She likes to ride around on her lawn, so she got one with some pretty chunky tires/bigger wheels. Not sure of brand/make/model or any of that.