my dog punched me in the face last night

paulxcook

Diamond Member
May 1, 2005
I was wrestling with this guy last night, and swung my head around right as he was lifting up a paw to swat at me. It hurt like a mother, and I think may have turned my front right tooth a bit.

Anyone ever get hurt playing with their pets?

Braznor

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2005
Though horses qualify as pets, I don't think Sonz70 getting banned for posting horsepr0n links at ATOT counts.

JDMnAR1

Lifer
May 12, 2003
Yeah, I have a black lab that has headbutted me a couple of times and it will make you eyes water. He has a big block head - even knocked a hole in our wall when he was a pup and he turned to run after our chocolate lab and ran head first into the corner.

trmiv

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
LOL, he's a big boy! Our dog is a maltese so she can't really hurt anyone when she plays. We also have a 25 pound cat, who has the capability to do some damage, but he's such a sweet cat he rarely does. Only time something happened was when I was swinging some ribbon in front of his face a like a month ago and he caught he across the top of the hand with a claw and cut me pretty good. I don't know what it is about cat scratches that take a long time to heal, but it took a month for it go away completely.

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
Originally posted by: paulxcook
I was wrestling with this guy last night, and swung my head around right as he was lifting up a paw to swat at me. It hurt like a mother, and I think may have turned my front right tooth a bit.

Anyone ever get hurt playing with their pets?

Sometimes. I have a Rot that is >100lbs.

Canai

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2006
I have a pretty nasty scratch on my shoulder from my cat launching himself off of me when I was sleeping.

oynaz

Platinum Member
May 14, 2003
I think anyone who owns a cat and plays with it has had scratches from time to time. Those claws are sharp.

paulxcook

Diamond Member
May 1, 2005
Originally posted by: JulesMaximus
:laugh:

Your dog > you

Proportionally he's much stronger than I am. If I didn't outweigh him 230 to 140 he'd probably knock me around like a redheaded stepchild.

Born2bwire

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2005
Originally posted by: JDMnAR1
Yeah, I have a black lab that has headbutted me a couple of times and it will make you eyes water. He has a big block head - even knocked a hole in our wall when he was a pup and he turned to run after our chocolate lab and ran head first into the corner.

Hahha, yeah, labs are real tanks.

Q

Lifer
Jul 21, 2005
Originally posted by: oynaz
I think anyone who owns a cat and plays with it has had scratches from time to time. Those claws are sharp.

Cats suck

jersiq

May 18, 2005
Yes my pets have definitely gotten me once or twice.

Barring the obvious puppy teeth when my two labs were pups, one incident will always remain clear in my mind.

I was on my knees wrestling with my younger lab, and at one point i had swung my head down just as she tried to rear up to puppy Karate Chop me with her front paws.

My chin and the top of her head met, which caused my lower jaw to clamp down. For whatever reason, instead of just snapping closed, my lower right incisor connected with my front right upper incisor right on the bottom point of the upper tooth. I chipped my tooth significantly and I eventually had to get a bonding on the upper incisor to prevent myself from looking like a redneck.

After the incident, I contemplated getting a mouth piece :laugh: , but then I realized that I needed to act as a dominate male and not wrestle with them at all to maintain the pack hierarchy. Even though it is "play-wrestling", if you don't always maintain a superior position at ALL times, it can be construed as a weaknees.

Rather than wrestle, I trained them vigorously, and exercised them properly. (not trying to knock you OP, you can do whatever you want with your own pet. This is just the path I chose)

Vonkhan

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2003
Yup, couple of nights ago I was playing Stella - the black mutt in this photo and she accidentally bit my forearm. Her teeth broke thru the skin and way into the flesh.

She was trained never to bite me & she got so scared that she immediately ran under the bed & wouldn't come out - not for all the cajoling or doggie treats in the world. When she finally came out, she curled up at my feet :)