My dog is sick - Need Help

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
i think you may be the first person to see a doctor (well, vet for your dog, but it still counts) before posting on anandtech. congratulations, OP! :beer::D

Haui

Feb 18, 2007
Originally posted by: Fenixgoon
i think you may be the first person to see a doctor (well, vet for your dog, but it still counts) before posting on anandtech. congratulations, OP! :beer::D

Lol You may be right, but regardless of who people are, ignorance and stupidity don't fly with me...

anxi80

Lifer
Jul 7, 2002
kind of sounds like parvo. my dog had it and had to stay at the vet for a week. had to throw out all her toys and wash everything thoroughly. if thats what it is, good luck. sounds like you may have caught it in time.

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
Your vet may have been closed but there are 24hr Veterinary Emergency Hospitals that you should have taken him that night.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
The symptoms sound a lot like canine pancreatitis...we had one dog go through that last year...$1500. at the Emergency Vet Hospital...(pricks charged $32. for one Pepcid...then only give him 1/4 of it...but every time he got a dose, they charged us for another full tablet...)
BUT, this is much more common in dogs that have eaten fatty foods, not dog food...(unless it's horribly cheap stuff with a very high fat content, and even then...)

http://www.marvistavet.com/htm...nine_pancreatitis.html

Bryophyte

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
I hope it wasn't your old neighbors getting you back for pouring milk into their doors to rot before you moved.

Haui

Feb 18, 2007
Originally posted by: Bryophyte
I hope it wasn't your old neighbors getting you back for pouring milk into their doors to rot before you moved.

I kill the muthafuckas if it was them....

He is at the vet overnight and will be tested first thing tomorrow.