My dad passed away

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Dec 10, 2005
Thank you all. It really means a lot in this particularly sucky time. We were kind of anticipating it in the coming year, just not expecting it so soon after new year's. But in the realm of all possible outcomes for him, at least he isn't suffering anymore.

Reactions: dank69

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
I'll be joining your club soon...my father has advanced bladder cancer and will probably die within the coming weeks. It's awful watching him waste away. I feel for your loss and know what you're going through.

• Wow
Reactions: SKORPI0

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Got the extremely sad news this morning that my father passed away. He had a long (~15 years) struggle with a rare form ALS and a more recent struggle with metastatic prostate cancer. I feel like it was going to happen in the next year, just not so soon.

oh I am so sorry for your loss 😢

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
Really sorry to hear that. Hope everything goes as well as it can for you and your family

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
:hugs: Fritzo.
This is a fucked up club we got going here.
It is. Getting older sucks. I'm in my early 50's and from others I've talked to this is the decade where you do nothing but deal with family loss while still dealing with young adult kids trying to get a footing in life.

Just have to remind ourselves that being an example of strength gives others stability.

JM Aggie08

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2006
Sorry to hear that, man. You have possibly the best perspective to have in this situation, especially with something like ALS.

I lost my mom in 2017 and my dad in 2019, both wildly different circumstances. It doesn't get better, it's just different and a new normal. If you need someone to chat with, hit me up via PM.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
RIP.

Sorry OP. Losing my dad was the worst thing that happened to me. You have my sympathies. I won't attempt advice, I'm just really sorry. Sorry for Fritzo too :coldsweat:

My mom is working on her bucket list. Off someplace warm, swimming with dolphins. I'm trying to be happy for her and not think too much about what's in the mail. Her existing issues weren't fun enough, she has Lyme now too. Hurry the fuck up vaccine.

Last edited:

Gardener

Nov 22, 1999
Condolences man. Lost my dad a little over a year ago, I find myself thinking about him often.

PClark99

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2000
Condolences my friend….

Lost my father in July saw it coming well in advance so I sorta know how you feel!

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Condolences friend. I, too, lost my father to cancer almost 3 years ago. He was golfing in March and gone by April 2. Barely had time to say goodbye.

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
RIP.

Sorry OP. Losing my dad was the worst thing that happened to me. You have my sympathies. I won't attempt advice, I'm just really sorry. Sorry for Fritzo too :coldsweat:

My mom is working on her bucket list. Off someplace warm, swimming with dolphins. I'm trying to be happy for her and not think too much about what's in the mail. Her existing issues weren't fun enough, she has Lyme now too. Hurry the fuck up vaccine.
Thank you. I just got word yesterday he has about 2 weeks left. They're starting him on morphine today for pain. My mom asked me to go to the store to buy some smaller pants for his funeral suit. That was hard to hear.

Dec 10, 2005
I'll be joining your club soon...my father has advanced bladder cancer and will probably die within the coming weeks. It's awful watching him waste away. I feel for your loss and know what you're going through.
That sucks. I'm really sorry to hear about your father. My condolences in this difficult time.