My County Saddens Me

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999

"The four people charged from Bucks County include: Dawn Bancroft, owner of a Cross Fit gym in Plumstead Township; Raechel Genco, a 38-year-old woman from Bristol Borough; Ryan Stephen Samsel, a 37-year-old Bristol man and Genco's boyfriend, who is accused of assaulting a police officer; and Diana Santos-Smith, of Doylestown."

Bristol is in "lower" Bucks County and has a far different demographic from where I live. But, Sweet Jeebus, I live in Plumsteadville in Plumstead Township, which is 4-5 minutes from the adjoining Doylestown. The Low Information Yahoos . . . they walk among us! :eek:

Reactions: skyking

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
So is Bucks County in the area the rest of the state refers to as “Pennsyltucky”??

m8d

Nov 5, 2012

"The four people charged from Bucks County include: Dawn Bancroft, owner of a Cross Fit gym in Plumstead Township; Raechel Genco, a 38-year-old woman from Bristol Borough; Ryan Stephen Samsel, a 37-year-old Bristol man and Genco's boyfriend, who is accused of assaulting a police officer; and Diana Santos-Smith, of Doylestown."

Bristol is in "lower" Bucks County and has a far different demographic from where I live. But, Sweet Jeebus, I live in Plumsteadville in Plumstead Township, which is 4-5 minutes from the adjoining Doylestown. The Low Information Yahoos . . . they walk among us! :eek:
You can thank Murica's education system and conservative politicians.

JockoJohnson

Golden Member
May 20, 2009
So is Bucks County in the area the rest of the state refers to as “Pennsyltucky”??
No. It's a direct suburb of Philadelphia. Many like me have fled the shithole that is Philadelphia and moved to it's neighboring county. I am in a much better place....but just about any other county in PA is better than Philly.

Reactions: PowerEngineer

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
or ironic...
Keep on truckin'
l20tN.jpg

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
No. It's a direct suburb of Philadelphia. Many like me have fled the shithole that is Philadelphia and moved to it's neighboring county. I am in a much better place....but just about any other county in PA is better than Philly.
More or less this. Lower Bucks is a Philly adjacent semi-shithole. Middle Bucks is classic Bucks paradise, quickly being encroached on with development. Upper Bucks is a mix of true unspoiled "paradise" then shading into unreconstructed rural YahooStan.

• Haha
Reactions: hal2kilo

JockoJohnson

Golden Member
May 20, 2009
More or less this. Lower Bucks is a Philly adjacent semi-shithole. Middle Bucks is classic Bucks paradise, quickly being encroached on with development. Upper Bucks is a mix of true unspoiled "paradise" then shading into unreconstructed rural YahooStan.
Well put. Bensalem, Bristol, Levittown (Lower Bucks) are Philly-lite.

Edit: adding more to address the OP: Bucks has people in it the go across the political spectrum. It's ashame to see idiots from the area participate in the Capitol riots.

Last edited:

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
On come on people..... seriously, wouldn't you just love to engage in all out war against those morons who have no respect for our government and attack our institutions? To have a turkey shoot or like shooting fish in a barrel? Would be so interesting in a civil war environment to see who would survive. To see who COULD survive. Obviously, you can never talk any sense into these people, that would be like taming a mad rabid dog. No, the only real solution would be an all out war where one side survives and the other ridden forever. Talk about THE HUNT and the joy of the kill. Oh well... just wishful thinking I guess. :p

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2019
My 'wishful thinking' is that they be prosecuted, convicted and jailed for life, where they can live out their days fully dependent on the Government they hate.

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
Neither of the above is acceptable. I don't want anyone to die or be imprisoned for a long time. It is not what our country and ideals represent. It's not what veterans died for.
My dad told me about war, and no, there is no part of me that wants to go to war inside our country.
We've suffered the ignorant and misinformed since the very beginning. Sure, they are a huge drag on progress. We make progress by dint of our collective good works and push back those who are stuck in the ruts of ignorance and hatred.
We as a country cannot continue locking up masses of people, look at the war on (people of color) Drugs.

Reactions: Perknose

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
On the positive side, it's only a short drive from Bucks County to DC. Those predisposed to be Trump's soldiers in Bucks County were far more likely to show up than the same sort of person living in Wyoming.

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
^ truth right there. A cluster of stupid fucks must exist there. I'll shorten that to a clusterfuck.

Reactions: dank69

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Neither of the above is acceptable. I don't want anyone to die or be imprisoned for a long time. It is not what our country and ideals represent. It's not what veterans died for.
My dad told me about war, and no, there is no part of me that wants to go to war inside our country.
We've suffered the ignorant and misinformed since the very beginning. Sure, they are a huge drag on progress. We make progress by dint of our collective good works and push back those who are stuck in the ruts of ignorance and hatred.
We as a country cannot continue locking up masses of people, look at the war on (people of color) Drugs.

I think judging the participants too harshly is a mistake. They're highly suggestible people who've been relentlessly propagandized for a very long while. OTOH, insurrection against our duly elected govt can't be tolerated. Justice demands that they experience some pain, even the ones who merely entered the Capitol at the time. The people who inspired them are another matter entirely.

It's not like the WoD, at all, where tens of millions have been locked up over the last 50 years. It's apples & aardvarks. Of the 74M Americans who voted for Trump, only 10K or so showed up at the rally & maybe 1000 actually trespassed the Capitol building. It's unfortunate, but the latter really need some kind of attitude adjustment. Trump, Rudy, Junior, Mo & some others belong in prison.

Reactions: hal2kilo