my cdrom disappeared from windows after i installed the Via 4 in 1 drivers, what should i do?

acidvoodoo

Platinum Member
Jan 6, 2002
this seems to be an issue with the via chipsets, i have no idea how to fix this

basicly, the BIOS sees the cd rom, but in windows it is not in my computer or device manager, however it did show up in device manager when i booted in safe mode
doees anyone have any tips on how to get my cd rom seen?

specs

amd k6-2 450mhz
128mb PC100
Fic Va 503+ with the via apollo MVP3 chipset (with latest 4 in 1 and IDE drivers)
voodoo 3 2000 agp
western digital 12.6gb HD as secondary master
TEAC 12x cd rom as secondary slave

Athlon4all

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2001
Hmmm. It is clearly a driver problem 'cause this happened right after installing the 4-in-1's and also because you can see it in Safe Mode (Safe Mode uses default drivers so it would not use the 4-in-1's). I'd uninstall the 4-in-1's, and then reinstall them without installing the Busmaster driver. What OS?

acidvoodoo

Platinum Member
Jan 6, 2002
this system is running windows 95 OS/2, because my newer pc only came with an XP recovery cd, so i couldn't put it on this one

uninstalling these drivers is compicated and doesn't seem to work, see, if u click the setup tab, u can choose to install each of the 3 drivers, or unistall each of 3 drivers, and which ever i do, after i restart, windows detects all this hard ware (e.g pci to cpu bridge)

u got any ideas how to unistall

acidvoodoo

Platinum Member
Jan 6, 2002
this system is running windows 95 OS/2, because my newer pc only came with an XP recovery cd, so i couldn't put it on this one

uninstalling these drivers is compicated and doesn't seem to work, see, if u click the setup tab, u can choose to install each of the 3 drivers, or unistall each of 3 drivers, and which ever i do, after i restart, windows detects all this hard ware (e.g pci to cpu bridge)

u got any ideas how to unistall

acidvoodoo

Platinum Member
Jan 6, 2002

<< because you can see it in Safe Mode (Safe Mode uses default drivers so it would not use the 4-in-1's).
>>

well i can only see it in device manager in safe mode it still does not appear in my computer