My car left me early this morning.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Thegonagle

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2000
Yep, that engine's in a Civic by now.

Sucks. :(

I'd start the claim-wheels a turning with your insurance company, because they like to wait 30 days before they pay a theft claim (in case it's recovered).

Do you have rental reimbursement on your auto policy? I think you can take advantage of that right away. (You'll need to pay for the rental up front with your CC, and they'll send you a check later, up to their rental claim limit.)

Freejack2

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2000
The nice thing about owning a domestic sedan is nobody steals them. I could leave it parked for a week in midtown Manhattan with a big steal me sign and the keys taped to it. It'd still be there at the end of the week.

Anyways sucks that your car get stolen. I'd recommend either an advanced security system or a lo-jack type service. If you had it now the odds would have been a lot more in your favor of getting your car back. BatmanNate is probably right about it being in someone's civic now.

Mar 22, 2002
Originally posted by: z0mb13
Originally posted by: redly1
Originally posted by: BatmanNate
Originally posted by: Saulbadguy
Originally posted by: virtuamike
Originally posted by: bradruth
Dude, wheres your car?

*Cricket* :disgust:

And then?

and then?

And theeeeeeeen?

NO AND THEN!!!

NO AND THEN!!!! :D

Sobriquet, I would like to inform you that, your thread has been hijacked. In order to get it back, I want a million unmarked bills and a roto-rooter guy (don't ask).

z0mb13

Lifer
May 19, 2002
Originally posted by: SociallyChallenged
Originally posted by: z0mb13
Originally posted by: redly1
Originally posted by: BatmanNate
Originally posted by: virtuamike
Originally posted by: bradruth
Dude, wheres your car?

*Cricket* :disgust:

And then?

and then?

And theeeeeeeen?

NO AND THEN!!!

NO AND THEN!!!! :D

Sobriquet, I would like to inform you that, your thread has been hijacked. In order to get it back, I want a million unmarked bills and a roto-rooter guy (don't ask).

get me the transponse continuum..

bubbadu

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2001
If someone EVER STEALS my Integra or anything from it, they are dead. I am sorry about your loss though :(

sobriquet

Sep 10, 2002
Originally posted by: bubbadu
If someone EVER STEALS my Integra or anything from it, they are dead. I am sorry about your loss though :(
Thanks... And to the hijackers, I don't really care, take my thread. I was just trying to vent a bit.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
Originally posted by: sobriquet
Thanks... And to the hijackers, I don't really care, take my thread. I was just trying to vent a bit.

I will deal with the hijackers for you.

Sorry about your loss man...I hope things arent too rough on you until you can get a new car.

And you nefs need to find a different thread to do your thing in...this guy had a seriously fVcked up day...show him some respect

sobriquet

Sep 10, 2002
Originally posted by: rudeguy

Sorry about your loss man...I hope things arent too rough on you until you can get a new car.

And you nefs need to find a different thread to do your thing in...this guy had a seriously fVcked up day...show him some respect
Thanks for the empathy, it helps. Things will be more inconvenient than anything else. The only really sucky thing is not being able to teach until I get a new vehicle. The mother of one of my students thinks I'm lying and just deserting them.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001

Thanks for the empathy, it helps. Things will be more inconvenient than anything else. The only really sucky thing is not being able to teach until I get a new vehicle. The mother of one of my students thinks I'm lying and just deserting them.

I wish I could help with more than empathy....I take it your insurance doesnt cover rental cars?

I make sure that I have rental coverage now...being without transportation isnt an option for me.

Pocatello

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: Freejack2
The nice thing about owning a domestic sedan is nobody steals them. I could leave it parked for a week in midtown Manhattan with a big steal me sign and the keys taped to it. It'd still be there at the end of the week.

Anyways sucks that your car get stolen. I'd recommend either an advanced security system or a lo-jack type service. If you had it now the odds would have been a lot more in your favor of getting your car back. BatmanNate is probably right about it being in someone's civic now.

I used to have a 77 Chevy Nova and I never bother to lock the thing :)

Thegonagle

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2000

Then ask her for a ride! :D

NutBucket

Lifer
Aug 30, 2000
Man that sucks. I'm around that area pretty often myself. Man, driving around a modded Honda scares me sometimes.....

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003

You teach guitar I take it?

Sorry about your car. Hope you don't get screwed over by your insurance company.

LordMorpheus

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2002
Originally posted by: Freejack2

heh, that one chrysler sedan is the most stolen vehicle in Saint Louis.

Meh.

but one could leave, say, a 1991 Sable with a few dents and mismatched taillights on the streets, windows down, door open, engine running, title transfer form, pre-signed, sitting on the passenger seat, a full tank of gas, enough air in the tires, etc, and it would sit there indefinatly.

The only thing I ever worry about is getting my CD player ripped off.

Evadman

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Feb 18, 2001
I had mine stole, and it sucks. I know.

Hope it is recovered.

NutBucket

Lifer
Aug 30, 2000
Originally posted by: Evadman
I had mine stole, and it sucks. I know.

Hope it is recovered.

I don't think I'd want my vehicle to be recovered if it was stolen. Who knows what happened to it while in the hands of those heathen swine:|

RMSistight

Golden Member
Oct 2, 2003
Did you have any type of anti-theft device? Cause my roommates two door Integra has some stick ass system. First of all, he has a pager alarm with 5 ....COUNT THEM 5 backup batteries. If ANYTHING happens to his car, he has the system ALERTING him RIGHT away. On top of that, he has the CLUB and the AUTO-LOCK which is a huge deterant. We all know NO car is 100% fully protected, but at lease his car is a deterant. He also sleeps next to a metal pipe and a bat too...so he's ready.