My buddies want to sue because they say ladies night is sexist.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Nocturnal

Lifer
Jan 8, 2002
It depends on the law in your state. Where I live someone complained to I forget what commission but the local clubs no longer say that all ladies are FREE. They say something along the lines of "It's my treat ladies, I'll PAY for your cover!"

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Originally posted by: MercenaryForHire
Slam their junk in the car door.

- M4H

Or a sliding glass patio door. Can get a better wind up with that.

stormbv

Diamond Member
Dec 23, 2000
LOL....your friends are little boys trapped in big bodies, and they are probably afraid of and have a hatred for women, especially if they think they're "players".
rolleye.gif

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
I for one think your buddies are smart...

everyone else is jealous that they didn't think of it first. Your buddies knew they weren't going to get in, and knew that they would have probably win a lawsuit.

Oh, and ladies night *IS* sexist... The bars are exploiting the lure of possible hooking up for guys, and the guys are hoping to further exploit drunken females. Women aren't a marketing gimmick.

I said it before, I'll say it again. If you guys think ladies night is such a great thing, because finally you get to meet females (because you can't seem to meet sober ones), then you're pathetic.

DanceMan

Jan 26, 2001
Originally posted by: McCarthy
Originally posted by: Winchester
If it is a private business, then they legally are allowed to refuse any person into their place of business.

Uh? Ok

I think it works like this: If you advertise to the public ("hold yourself out to the public"), regardless if the business is private or public, then you can't discriminate. But, if you don't advertise to the public, or make it a private club, then you can.

You often see this with bars/clubs selling you a 'membership', not cover or admissions fee.

I actually agree with the guys premise on this. You can't allow some discrimination, and bar others. But, as to sueing, that I don't agree on.

DanceMan

shimsham

Lifer
May 9, 2002
i have to agree with mr. pizza on this one.

its obvious clubs are exploiting women to make money. mostly they are on a mon, tues, or wed. the slower nights for bars. cheap drinks for ladies, they get drunk, draws in the guys hoping for the cheap and easy lay. im really surprised an organization such as NOW hasnt already picked up the banner for this "cause", since everything should be "equal".

but why shouldnt bars do this, since the majority of women that go willingly participate in such exploitation.

TommyVercetti

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2003
Originally posted by: DrPizza
I for one think your buddies are smart...

everyone else is jealous that they didn't think of it first. Your buddies knew they weren't going to get in, and knew that they would have probably win a lawsuit.

Oh, and ladies night *IS* sexist... The bars are exploiting the lure of possible hooking up for guys, and the guys are hoping to further exploit drunken females. Women aren't a marketing gimmick.

I said it before, I'll say it again. If you guys think ladies night is such a great thing, because finally you get to meet females (because you can't seem to meet sober ones), then you're pathetic.

I say the same thing too.

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
You want girls at the bar to hit on, right?

Your friends are stupid a$$hole$

Sealy

Platinum Member
Aug 4, 2002
hmmm....that's weird that the guys were'nt allowed into the bar period. I live in B.C. and maybe things are different, but usually when a bar has a ladies' night here, it just reserves a section for the ladies' entertainment, and has another section for the guys until 10 pm or something.

I don't go to ladies nights much or at all actually, but I have happened upon a club where it was going on, and they were showing mud wrestling on the big screen for the guys, while the male dancers did there thing.

Never really thought too much about it being sexist! I mean there are 100's of strip bars your buddies could go to if they want I'm sure. I understand that's not the point...but really, I don't see what the big deal is!

thomsbrain

Lifer
Dec 4, 2001
ladies night is for the benefit of the guys, otherwise none would come hang out with those losers. apparently your friends must hate the idea of hanging out with women.

SagaLore

Elite Member
Dec 18, 2001
Of course it's sexist, that is the point... bathrooms are sexist too, so what...

Loggerman

Apr 28, 2000
I'd say kick your buddies in the nuts.
But they probaly havn't dropped yet.
SO KICK THEM IN THE @SS