My buddies want to sue because they say ladies night is sexist.

tec699

Banned
Dec 19, 2002
They went to this club last week that was advertising ladies night. Well they went to the bouncer and explained to him that they should be able to get in free because ladies night is sexist. The bouncer laughed and told them to get off the property. My buddies went to about 4 clubs that had sponsered ladies night and of course they were turned down. They weren't even allowed to enter the clubs.

Now I just found out that their seriously thinking about sueing everyone of those clubs because they say that it was sexist that they had ladies night. Imagine if the club had Man's night? At this moment their talking with a lawyer that has agreed to take the case. It's still up in the air though.

Didn't this happen in San Diego last year? A lawsuit was brought forth by 3 men stating that ladies night was sexist and they won. They won a bit of money and all the clubs within the city had to end ladies night.

:Q

wedi42

Platinum Member
Jun 9, 2001
why would you sue to stop a good thing??
what a bunch of dorks.
of course its sexist, but who cares!

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Do me a favor and kick them in the crotch for me. Fscknuts who sue over this crap need to be stoned to death.

Iowa just passed a law recently that prevents the labeling of "Ladies nights".

BAH!

When women drink cheap/free it's good times for all!

Ladies Man

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
Ladies night is great... they get loaded and make some of you retards look attractive and get some

smack the crap out of your friend for this nonsense.

KarenMarie

Elite Member
Sep 20, 2003
Originally posted by: tec699
They went to this club last week that was advertising ladies night. Well they went to the bouncer and explained to him that they should be able to get in free because ladies night is sexist. The bouncer laughed and told them to get off the property. My buddies went to about 4 clubs that had sponsered ladies night and of course they were turned down. They weren't even allowed to enter the clubs.

Now I just found out that their seriously thinking about sueing everyone of those clubs because they say that it was sexist that they had ladies night. Imagine if the club had Man's night? .....

Sure can... Imagine a whole bunch of men getting 1/2 priced drinks... and all the ladies some where else !!!

Your friends are boobs. Ladies nights are in reality a gift to men, but it seems that your friends don't get that. It is designed to get the place filled with women... mostly single women!!

rolleye.gif

tec699

Banned
Dec 19, 2002
Originally posted by: Ladies Man
Ladies night is great... they get loaded and make some of you retards look attractive and get some

smack the crap out of your friend for this nonsense.

Are you really the ladies man?

:cool:

tec699

Banned
Dec 19, 2002
Originally posted by: KarenMarie

Now I just found out that their seriously thinking about sueing everyone of those clubs because they say that it was sexist that they had ladies night. Imagine if the club had Man's night? .....

Sure can... Imagine a whole bunch of men getting 1/2 priced drinks... and all the ladies some where else !!!

Your friends are boobs. Ladies nights are in reality a gift to men, but it seems that your friends don't get that. It is designed to get the place filled with women... mostly single women!!

rolleye.gif

Hey I agree. I like going to bars that sponser ladies night, but it seems that my buddies get upset because they can't get women. Maybe they feel frustrated and want revenge? Who knows anymore.

tec699

Banned
Dec 19, 2002
Wow... those guys got $125,000

Lawyers quietly settled all the suits last month. Seven nightspots in the Gaslamp and elsewhere in San Diego County agreed to pay a total of $125,000 to two men who accused them of violating a decades-old California civil-rights law.

geno

Lifer
Dec 26, 1999
Of course it's sexist, just a majority of guys don't give a sh!t, like me for instance :p Why get your panties in a bunch because they benefit women?

Koing

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator<br> Health and F
Oct 11, 2000
Wow... those guys got $125,000

Lawyers quietly settled all the suits last month. Seven nightspots in the Gaslamp and elsewhere in San Diego County agreed to pay a total of $125,000 to two men who accused them of violating a decades-old California civil-rights law.

Hmmmmmmmm I'm sure they could get a lot of women for that $125,000. But it will sure as hell p!ss the other guys in your town/city....

As for me I don 't care man. Women drunk and a lot of them in a club is better then a sausage fest anyday of the week......

Koing

geno

Lifer
Dec 26, 1999
Originally posted by: PipBoy
I would like to open a bar and serve half price drinks to African Americans only.

...and of course you know that'd stir up a storm :) But their argument is "it attracts single women, which attracts more guys and business overall", how would attracting African Americans to the club generate more overall business?

PatboyX

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2001
if you post their name an address i would be most thankful. i want to send them a thank you card.

i hope whoever would handle that suit understands that women have been discriminated against for much longer in much harsher ways and that these "men" who find themselves insulted and hurt by the concept of Ladies Night need to grow up and not be so petty/selfish.

Yossarian

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
Originally posted by: geno
I would like to open a bar and serve half price drinks to African Americans only.

...and of course you know that'd stir up a storm :) But their argument is "it attracts single women, which attracts more guys and business overall", how would attracting African Americans to the club generate more overall business?

I will open it in Compton.

Led Zeppelin

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2002
Originally posted by: geno

I will open it in Compton.

And offer a special "Bring in your mug shot, and get free 40 oz.'s all night long".

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
This happens quite often actually....always some pimple faced geek who knows he isn't getting any women so decides he should get 1/2 drinks or free ones then.

What usually happens is the bar changes their wording to people in skirts, or something else men would be idiots to pull off, but if they did could enjoy the benefits until Osa Hedbleed and his bouncer buddy Ivan Tophukyaup decide you violated some club policy that requires your organs to temporarily be reorganized. ;)

For the morons out there who probably don't go clubbing that much (even if old enough)....ladies night serves two purposes 1) it brings a lot of women in the club and 2) you get out of having to pre-medicate your future headboard notch perhaps wife.

On non-ladies nights I'd be lucky to get out for $150-200 (I drank a lot myself of course), on ladies nights I'd probably hit around $80 and also have a way better chance of getting lucky either with a few good dances, phone numbers, or leaving the club with someone.

&Aring;

McCarthy

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999

Schools were desegregated (in theory under the law) 50 years ago. And that was the right thing to do. The military too. Again, the right thing. They share common points such as being publicly funded governmental branches. During the draft they also shared the forced attendance aspect, though even in a volunteer military it should not be segregated. And so on with other government agencies and roles from President to the Post Office.

Those are places where gender and skin tone, ancestory, hair color, letter E in your name shouldn't be allowed to be factors.

A private citizen does have the right to choose whom to associate with and in what way. The line for a privately owned public establishment is pretty blurry though. I would never again want to see Whites Only signs in the front windows of businesses. But we can go too far trying to prevent a bad thing from occurring.

{snipped out a 8 paragraph segment where I tried to cover every point in detail}

Simply put, I have no problem with a bar/resturant/whoever requiring patrons to climb a rope ladder to get in the front door. ADA and I disagree there. If you were to lift all laws that assured access the marketplace at in this point in history would self regulate such that most businesses would not change their access based on race or gender, though I bet a lot would revert on disability access. But for how long is the question. We have to recognize it's not the better nature of man that has led to open access, it's a set of laws. Laws that are constantly in need of revision.

I'm for amending the law in such a way as to allow for Ladies Night. Though such a revision would also allow for other nights I wouldn't support, though neither would the marketplace. Allowing for Ladies Night isn't going to lead to Black Only, White Only, Disabled Only nights on a regular basis. Occasionally? Yes. As much as society will tolerate and with penalty to clubs that offend the public.

Laws to protect access should not be laws that limit creativity, fun, even diversity in entertainment choice. That's what a bar is, it's not a critical service, it's an entertainment venue. The bigger problem being how legalistic this society has become. A law can't make a judgement, and judges are scared to excercise their own so we end up being the United States of Zero Tolerance.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
While I won't say I agree with it, a private bar/business owner should be able to say no to whites, blacks, mexicans, whoever....no one is saying kill them or beat them, just that their money is no could there.

The funny apart about all this is the average white male gets more discriminated against nowadays especially with school money.

I am not saying there is a clearly large majority of white males able to afford to go to school without financial aid, however, if you are a white male that needs aid you get screwed....it's still stereotyping whether you say a black man likes watermelon or a white man can afford anything they want. The stereotype / racism thing goes way too far most of the time. I made a comment that all Japanese love rice and some stupid wannabe Japanese girl (a 30 something year old white woman that even wears traditional clothes most real japanase don't) started complaining I was be racist and all this crap.

The funny part was the about 6 other Japanese women there (one being my future wife at the time) said the same basic thing 'no no no, it's not bad, Japanese people and rice is important', I am sure there are Japanese people that hate rice, but I wouldn't count on that being very common at all.

&Aring;

WinkOsmosis

Banned
Sep 18, 2002
Originally posted by: alkemyst
While I won't say I agree with it, a private bar/business owner should be able to say no to whites, blacks, mexicans, whoever....no one is saying kill them or beat them, just that their money is no could there.

&Aring;

:confused:

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
Hmmmm.... (dons flame suit)
Let me give my opinion from a neutral standpoint (I'm married... no benefit to me either way)

Ladies Night - gimmick for bars - attempting to increase the number of guys coming into the bar. For every lady they give a couple of free drinks to, there are a couple of guys (able to consume more) drinking, hoping to score with the ladies.

Simply, the bars are exploiting the women. (by making it look like there's going to be a bunch of drunk easy women the guys can get into the sack, or at least hope so)

Many of the guys are there for the same reason... to exploit any women who mistakenly get so drunk they can't make a good decision.

For you guys who claim ladies night is great for the guys... you must have trouble meeting decent women? You need them to have a few drinks before they'd consider talking to you?! Pathetic. Just plain pathetic.

For any of you guys who frequent the HD forum and claim "it's a cheap date for me and my girlfriend" - - :beer: :beer: :)

Winchester

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2003
If it is a private business, then they legally are allowed to refuse any person into their place of business.