My bro is in mexican jail, help! (edit) with final news

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Balthazar

Golden Member
Apr 16, 2000

<<

<< and he didn't just throw it out the window or in the trash because? >>

Many folks are honest.....
>>

Honest?
Where I come from that is called DUMB AS A BRICK!!!! Sheesh....

Squisher

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
I'm going on a cruise saturday that stops in Mexico twice. I think I'll be stay with the more touristy things.

THELAIR

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
just dont bribe the mounties with Canadian dollars, that is a true insult

:D

(thats a poke at myself, since im canadian)

honestly, you wouldnt want to bribe any law enforcement or federal person in canada... esp a mountie.

Hammer

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
Glad he's back safe. Matzatlan eh? I went there freshman year. I remember I popped my arm out on a mechanical bull, and I didn't realize how bad it was (due to being drunk) until the next day when I couldn't move it at all. I just ignored it and kept drinking. It start working again by itself the next day :)

csiro

Golden Member
May 31, 2001
That's some bad decisions made by your brother...first running from the guy and then running from the cops with assault rifles...:Q

zeppelin

Mar 19, 2000
Some more food for thought:

(from local San Diego newspaper, 10/25/00)
The widow of a Valley Center man who was detained by Mexican officials for 18 hours following a car accident who later died of complications applauded the U.S. Senate for unanimously approving a resolution intended to protect other injured U.S. citizens traveling south of the border.

The resolution, approved Thursday, calls on President Clinton to negotiate an agreement with the Mexican government that protects U.S. citizens traveling in Mexico. Specifically, lawmakers want Mexican officials to grant a humanitarian exemption to the current bond requirements that prevent the release of American citizens who are injured.

The Kraft family is now suing Antonio Garcia Sanchez, then-Baja California state attorney general on human rights, who was driving the other car involved in the accident, and whom the family says is responsible for holding up Donald Kraft's transfer to the United States.

Kraft, a Valley Center father of three, suffered a broken neck in the car accident on a toll road near Ensenada on Aug. 24, 1999. He and his family were vacationing in Mexico.

Mexican law requires someone deemed responsible for a car accident to post bail before being released for treatment in the United States.

Kraft, 44, was detained 18 hours in an Ensenada clinic by Mexican officials while they waited for his family to post a $7,000 cash bond for his release. He died Sept. 6, 1999, of pneumonia in a San Diego hospital.

"In a severe accident, surgeons refer to the first hour as the 'golden hour,' in which lifesaving procedures are most effective," Hunter said Tuesday. "When American families spend the 'golden hour' trying to raise large sums of money to get their loved ones released so that they can be transferred to American medical facilities, lives can be lost."

In November, three Orange County men were involved in an accident that killed the driver and left two others injured. Family members were required to post an $11,000 bond before one of the victims was allowed to be transferred to San Diego for treatment.