My bro is in mexican jail, help! (edit) with final news

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
May 16, 2000
Well hell, I'm not doing anything this month anyway....if he doesn't get out soon let us know...I always wanted to try busting someone out of a mexican prison. :cool:

littlezipp

Golden Member
Nov 7, 2001

<< Well hell, I'm not doing anything this month anyway....if he doesn't get out soon let us know...I always wanted to try busting someone out of a mexican prison. :cool: >>

LOL, this is a public forum;). Use PM's for more privacy ;)

yakko

Lifer
Apr 18, 2000

<< There is no more corrupt system of Government on this earth than Mexico's! >>

It is also people unwilling to take a stand against that kind of crap.

im2smrt4u

Golden Member
Jul 14, 2001
Where is he at? I have visited (yes, visited! :Q) the Tijuana Federal Prision three times, and they are suckers for Carls Jr. hamburgers and candy bars! I'm not kidding! :D

Also, if he's in the TJ prision, tell him not to eat what they give him! Tell him to eat at the place right next to the volleyball court, they have great food! :D

Hammer

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
Me and a few of my friends were almost thrown in Mexican jail about 3 years ago during Spring Break. Lucky for us that one of the guys that went with us was connected. His dad is like some major drug dealer or something and once he told the cops who he was, they let us go. Mwahahaha. Gotta love the cops. :p

edit: for spelling

crawford

Golden Member
Jan 23, 2002
uh oh half my friends are in mexico right now for spring break. i live in arizona and its an easy drive, im sure glad i didnt go.

SCSIfreek

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2000
AT OT is getting more and more interesting. I'm at work but I'm tune in all da time. Hope that your bro gets out of that hellhole quick.

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
My uncle was thrown in mexican jail for a few weeks after getting into a car accident with a policeman. I think it took a few thousand to get him out, and this was back in the late 70's early 80's.

Jzero

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

<< I'm SO tired of hearing "oh they LOVE Americans and our American Dollars down there!" That's BS. >>

It's half-BS. They LOVE good old US greenbacks.
I've heard plenty of Mexico horror stories. I don't have any of my own, although i thought Cancun was pretty crappy.
Pretty much if you stick to the tourist areas and stay away from the federales, you'll be ok. Be nice to the locals, too. They're all pretty tired of American kids coming and being complete jerks to them. I saw a lot of people really being rude to the locals and acting like they were all better than them.

If you go, remember that they have the same feelings you do. Be nice to the people you meet and they're more likely to be nice to you.
Although, I'd just as soon not go :)
[bump for an update]

littlezipp

Golden Member
Nov 7, 2001

<<

<< There is no more corrupt system of Government on this earth than Mexico's! >>

Oh really
>>

Very misleading information. I could do the same thing and make us look better.

chibchakan

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2001

<< Very misleading information. I could do the same thing and make us look better. >>

Yeah, but would it be the truth ?

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000

<<

<< Very misleading information. I could do the same thing and make us look better. >>

Yeah, but would it be the truth ?
>>

Well is that stuff? I am surprised I didn't see a link at the bottom for "milk is bad for you" or something like that. Baseless drivel. Some may be true, some definitely isn't.

Optimus

Diamond Member
Aug 23, 2000

<< Oh really >>

They forgot to add the following to that site:

Black Helicopters
Vast Alien Coverup
Flouride in the water is mind control
Gov't Satellites can read your thoughts (get the tinfoil)

rolleye.gif

[Tominator:] "There is no more corrupt system of Government on this earth than Mexico's!"

Really? I'm not so sure about that. I see the result of the survey result (2001): Bangladesh came first this time; and along traced Nigeria and Uganda. Or am I missing something?

[Excerpt of FAQ:] "What is the Corruption Perceptions Index?
The TI Corruption Perceptions Index (CPI) this year ranks 91 countries in terms of the degree to which corruption is perceived to exist among public officials and politicians."

At no time was I aware of the Mexican government being number one. In fact, as of the last time I heard this survey report, Nigeria came first and Pakistan came second.

I do not know how you got that conclusion. Each time we think we have seen the worse, there's always someone with a worse experience. I'm sure if you survey Nigerian, Pakistanis and other nationalities you'll hear them give worse or just as bad stories.

In any case, you guys have scared me like hell now. I don't think I'll ever visit Mexico . . . at least not without some guy to protect me . . . of course with cash! :Q :eek:

flavio

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I've been to Tijuana a couple times and had a great time. I alway park the car on the American side though.

LostHiWay

Golden Member
Apr 22, 2001
DON'T GIVE THEM ANY MONEY!!!

Trust me once you give them a thousand they'll say we need more..then more...then more

Just go to the US Embassy

im2smrt4u

Golden Member
Jul 14, 2001

<< I've been to Tijuana a couple times and had a great time. I alway park the car on the American side though. >>

That is the only problem I have ever encountered, you can never leave your cars alone anywhere, otherwise they might not be there when you get back! :Q

tops2

Oct 6, 2000
i actually wanted to go to mexico to see what its like sometime, but i guess not anymore
maybe to to canada instead to check it out
;-)