My Braun 7000 series doesnt charge anymore.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Just gets really damn hot and then a red light flashes.

Its 13 years old, at least. Is that a good lifetime for the brand? Should I smash it and post the results on Youtube? Do women like bearded midgets these days? Would anyone like to take it apart and make weapons out of the battery?

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
Contact Braun on facebook and ask them if they can replace the battery for you. The companies I've dealt with generally have a flat fee for repairs like this. Then you can decide if you like the razor enough to get it fixed or want to try something new.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Contact Braun on facebook and ask them if they can replace the battery for you. The companies I've dealt with generally have a flat fee for repairs like this. Then you can decide if you like the razor enough to get it fixed or want to try something new.

That actually makes sense.

Good thing I checked the internet before crazy home experiments!

bruceb

Diamond Member
Aug 20, 2004
This place will swap in the new battery for $25 plus the cost of the battery (and you pay to ship it to them)
http://www.electricshaverstore.com/d/187/shaver-repair-service.htm
They also have batteries listed, but I am not sure which one you need. You can get the battery on Amazon.com
and there are videos on YouTube to change it yourself (You will need a soldering iron to do it)
https://www.amazon.com/NiMh-Shaver-Battery-Norelco-others/dp/B000IG77S4
11765QFE7FL.jpg

Reactions: Charmonium

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
If you were a regular shaver, like daily or every other day, and you got that many years, I think that's impressive.

My 790cc-4 is over 5 years old now, and is in perfect condition. This post actually just reminded me to reach out to Braun to see about getting another cleaning station, that was lost years ago actually but damn I'd really love a new one. I can't justify replacing this shaver though, it's in terrific shape, just needs more routine and thorough cleaning than I give it manually.

It should also be pointed out that the shaver has just recently notified me that I need to replace the blade head. It does that, nominally, after 18 months of use. I must have just recently used it as many times as a regular shaver would have used it. lol
And recently, I've been finally giving manual shaving a shot, and have come to like the whole DE razor experience. But I've also gotten really lazy with my shaving lol I let it grow for awhile before I finally think it looks terrible and needs to go. lol

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
It's probably not too hard to change, I would open it up and see what kind of battery it has then try to source one out. Braun makes pretty good shavers so if you want to upgrade to the newer model you can just do that too. I have a Serries 7, though it gets less mileage now that I let my beard grow.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Why bother shaving? It's not like you have to be clean shaven for work...do you? :D

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Ah, the infamous 7000 series. I had one of those! The cleaning fluid for it was insanely expensive, no?

I used a Norelco shaver now, but I think that my Dad is still using my old 7000.

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
Depending on what you want in a shave, I can highly recommend this as a supplement to your electric.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01D328BG6

71TTWTnZhpL._SY679_.jpg

This works amazingly well on hairs longer than a millimeter or so. You get very low stubble after using this which you can then polish off with your electric. It can also give you close shave but that requires a lot more work. You're better off switching to the electric at that point.

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
13 years is a pretty good run. If the batteries are cheap I'd say take a shot at opening it up and changing them out.

Braun makes nice shavers. I've got a 3 Series from five years ago that's still going, but I broke the pop-out trimmer thing which was pretty awesome at trimming down under.

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
13 years is a pretty good run. If the batteries are cheap I'd say take a shot at opening it up and changing them out.

Braun makes nice shavers. I've got a 3 Series from five years ago that's still going, but I broke the pop-out trimmer thing which was pretty awesome at trimming down under.

Thinking about it, that's a terrific run if it has been regularly used (and thus recharged often). Apparently it's a single-cell Li-ion battery, that's a hell of a good run.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
OH, I checked with Braun and they don't service their gear in America. You have to go to a third party repair shop. I checked and there's only one on the whole east coast, in New York. They wanted a lot of money for any kind of fixing. I guess its time to retire my little shaver.

And yes, that cleaning fluid is expensive as hell. I stopped using it and switched to astringent. It works basically the same and is a LOT cheaper.

bruceb

Diamond Member
Aug 20, 2004
Shorty --- Please see the information in Post #5 by me .. It gives you place to send it for a small fee to fix it. It also tells you what battery you need (open it first and be sure before ordering it) .. If you have a 15 - 20W soldering iron and some small screwdrivers (it may be a Torx Bit) you should be able to change the battery yourself.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
For the last...10 or so years I've used some clippers just to shave my beard down to mysterious and sexy stubble every other week or so. I think I have fully shaved...maybe twice in that time? But I've rarely used an electric shaver for that. They just aren't as good as a razor.