my boss is not only SUCK but an A$$hole too!!!!

bigvince

Banned
Aug 25, 2000
don't you hate it when people lie to cover-up thier mistakes...

I work for a company who shall remain nameless. recently a project was undertaken that involved the instalation of software that utilizes our WAN to communicate to a remote office. this past friday i was told to install this software at one of our branch offices. now take into account that i have never seen this software before and only learned of the project that same day, now when i was told to do this i had VERY little instruction as to what i was to do and basicly it went something like this:

me: so what do i need to do there?

my boss: go and install the software

me: what software?

my boss: i FORGET what it's called but ask the supervisor there she knows

me: ok, do you know who the supervisor is?

my boss: no.

so i go to do the install of WHATEVER the software is. i get there and and the supervisor tell me that the other supervisor is the one that knows and she doesn't work on fridays. so ok i go ahead and take a look at the machine and discover that the software has ALREDY been insatlled and nobody knows who did it. i try it out and it doesn't work. i call the support number on the cd i have and they troubleshoot the hell out of it and come to the conclusion that we need to add a statement to our router so that traffic from that pc can reach thire servers. i call my boss up to tell him what happend and he says and i qoute now "i will take care of it you can go home now", so i went home. the weekend goes bye now it's wednesday and i go back to that branch office for something else thinking that my boss had taken care of the situation. i talk to the supervisor (the one that knew about the software install) and she tells me that nothings changed since friday and it still doesnt work. obvioulsy and with reason she's pissed. she tells me that she spoke to the director of branch operations about the problem he in turn spoke to my boss about it. well now she takes me aside and says to me "hey off the record, i heard your bosses coinversion with the director of branch operations" so im intersted she goes on "i heard him say that he sent you out WITH ALL THE PERTINANT INFORMATION and that you didn't finish the job". that is a lie. he told his boss that i f'ed up the insatll so that it wouldn't come out that HE had been snoozin on the job. i told him on FRIDAY that all he had to do was add the statement to the router so that the program could work....he didn't do it ....he f_uckedup and he blamed it on me...
now i have been reprimanded by the director of branch operations and could lose my job ....I can't tell you how PPPPIIISSSSEDDDD OOOOFFFF III AMMMM!!!!!!!

Shuxclams

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
yeah yeah, shlt happens (it also rolls downhill), don't let him bone you again.

SHUX

Viperoni

Lifer
Jan 4, 2000
If I ever become a boss, I hope i'm never like that.
Frankly, I'd approach your boss and talk to him about this...

bigvince

Banned
Aug 25, 2000
i would approach him but at this point it's my word against his plus he's been there for 30 years and ive been there 1 and a half so who do you think there gonna belive?

perry

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2000
Umm. Get a statement from the support number saying you called and what resolution they reccommended. That should help cover your ass.

Shudder

Platinum Member
May 5, 2000
You think you won't become a boss like that but you will. People often mistake managers for kissing their other managers ass. It's more like their superiors are hanging onto their balls like a pitbull to make budget, do this, do that. Everone below you is a pawn and that's the way the world works.

DanC

Diamond Member
Jun 2, 2000
Shudder...
Now THAT'S poignant...

... can i have just a little hit off that?

Live with it. - do enough research to figure out what he wanted. It's not his job to give you every answer.

You're expected to know what's going on - if you don't? - well - don't blame him....
He's got 20 other whiners that don't know what's going on to deal with.

bigvince

Banned
Aug 25, 2000
DAN_C

well realy there's just me and the contractors who i deal with so that's not the case here, as far as him being underpressuer, fine i'll go with that but he should have at the very least had the balls to say ya it's my fault and i will be held accountable, but no he pussyied out and blamed it on me that's not right anyway you look at it so don't give me this take on for the team BULLSHIT!!!

rocmonster

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Welcome to the real world bigvince :(

I feel your pain...

You can approach your boss about this but remember he sold you up the river to his superior already, don't expect him to tell you that you where right and he was wrong. nothing you say will change that. all you can really do (besides look for another job) is work through it and make sure you follow the next project you are given until completion (or at least to a point when it is "officially" off your plate).

btw, posting the name of your company isn't a good idea and if (for some reason) this thread got back to your boss, you may have put your relationship with your boss and your job on the line.

bigvince

Banned
Aug 25, 2000
my realtionship with my boss is alreay on the line and the fact that he's not the most popualr person around here is only to my advantage...i've checked around and this is NOT the first time he's done this. iv'e spoken to former employees and we are thinking of bringing a class action law suit against him for wrongful dissmissal as well as discrimination in the workplace. i guess i tell him about it as hand him my resignation.

Ulfwald

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
May 27, 2000
As plentiful as IT jobs are today, you should be able to find one fairly quick, and tell him to go fly a kite all within a week.

BTW, what is his email, when he starts getting FREE subscriptions to questionable sites, he may lose his job. :):D;)

Shudder

Platinum Member
May 5, 2000
DanC: Sorry, I don't smoke.. :)

I just work for one of the larger companies in the US, probably the largest in Ohio for all I know.

Large companies tend to hate IT because it's such a huge cost and there's no real way to measure how much money they're bringing in for you.

My department of barely over 100 people handles about 75% of every single financial (investing) transaction through a 100 billion company. That's quite a bit, but there's no way to say we bring in money. They don't need CSRs to do work, things get done faster, etc, but it's hard to measure.

bigvince: If you have the credentials, get the heck out and move on.

medic

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
bigvince
If you want to try and keep your job....

In writing (typed then signed and dated) DETAIL EXACTLY what went on in chronological order, what you did and who you talked to, from the first time you were asked to the final conversations. At each stage put the exact comments of co-workers and what you did after the times of day, keep it to one page, two at the most and at the bottom leave your home number and how if he has ANY questions to contact you at home if needed. Hand deliver it to the Director of Branch Operations yourself.