My Blood Boils At This

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Oh looks like Seattle police jumped to the top of the defund list.

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
Shit that is that broken won't be fixed overnight. To identify and track down a guy because he posted up your shameful actions is worse than the original action, IMO.
BTW, Perk, the guy they arrested was not the father, it was a white guy who was there and recorded and posted it up.
Thanks for posting up this topic.

Juiblex

Banned
Sep 26, 2016
I support law & order...but dammit...the cops have truly gotten to a "it's us vs. them" attitude. THAT needs to be fixed.

It's really a universal problem across all aspects of life these days.

Liberals vs conservatives.
Black vs white.
People vs police.

The list could go on for a thousand lines.

fleshconsumed

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2002
I support law & order...but dammit...the cops have truly gotten to a "it's us vs. them" attitude. THAT needs to be fixed.
Law & Order is another way of saying "I support maintaining the current status quo". If the current status quo is inherently unjust then maintaining Law & Order is maintaining that unjust system. So, in this specific case, fuck Law & Order.

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
Holy shit, the second one down with the homeless guy at the bus stop!!!

I can't believe what I just saw.
Dude wtf? They shot a guy for nothing. How is that not murder?
Edit: seems there is more to this story than meets the eye.
Send the guy was waving a BB gun at cars and acting crazy which is why they were called. Cops on edge when they arriveed. The BB gun was in his waistband and he apparently reached for it and got shot. What's odd is a bunch of the cops used rubber bullets and some did not. Graphic and disturbing really when the underlying issue as mental illness.

Last edited:

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Holy shit, the second one down with the homeless guy at the bus stop!!!

I can't believe what I just saw.
This is the article from the incident August 2019. Apparently he was waving a gun at people and the police were called.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Shit that is that broken won't be fixed overnight. To identify and track down a guy because he posted up your shameful actions is worse than the original action, IMO.
BTW, Perk, the guy they arrested was not the father, it was a white guy who was there and recorded and posted it up.
Thanks for posting up this topic.
Look on the bright side.....this dude has a real good lawsuit!! $$$$$$$

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
This is the article from the incident August 2019. Apparently he was waving a gun at people and the police were called.

Caution was definitely warranted then, but that looked way too close to a firing squad executing a man only wielding harsh language at the time.

I can see the cops taking absolutely no chances had shots been fired, but not a single officer there decided someone taking point with Tazer or 12 bore bean bag was an option. Not even a K9 unit handy? There were literally DOZENS of ways that could have ended without anyone dying. Just wtf. Slow moving elderly guy with no cover. What a bunch of heroes.

Everyone wants to play SWAT, get a chance to use their modified and very personalized ARs for something. Remember Andrew Shaver?

esquared

Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Caution was definitely warranted then, but that looked way too close to a firing squad executing a man only wielding harsh language at the time.

I can see the cops taking absolutely no chances had shots been fired, but not a single officer there decided someone taking point with Tazer or 12 bore bean bag was an option. Not even a K9 unit handy? There were literally DOZENS of ways that could have ended without anyone dying. Just wtf. Slow moving elderly guy with no cover. What a bunch of heroes.

Everyone wants to play SWAT, get a chance to use their modified and very personalized ARs for something. Remember Andrew Shaver?

One did. From the article. But it seemed to follow immediately with gunfire.
"An officer fired a non-lethal 40 mm launcher at Schafer, striking him in the left knee. Three other officers reported discharging their weapons in response to Schafer allegedly grabbing the tip of the gun. "

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Here's another one that will also make your blood boil

Was curious about that story, so googled "Albuquerque homeless man shot by police". And found a _different_ "Albuquerque homeless man shot by police" story.

How many specific search terms does one need to narrow down unnecessary Albuquerque police shootings of homeless guys?

maddie

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2010
I have met a lot of these sort of characters when I was involved with a military organization. So many members wanted to be what they saw as a hero and too many joined law enforcement as a way to hurt & murder people without getting prosecuted. Extremely flawed and dangerous beings all. The last one I met is raising his young sons to delight in killing. The strangest thing is that they invariably saw themselves as protectors of society.

esquared

Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Was curious about that story, so googled "Albuquerque homeless man shot by police". And found a _different_ "Albuquerque homeless man shot by police" story.

How many specific search terms does one need to narrow down unnecessary Albuquerque police shootings of homeless guys?

That's an even older article (2014) but there does seem to be a pattern.
From 2010 to this 2015 update.
"Records show that 26 civilians have been shot, a dozen of them fatally, by city police since 2010. Before Monday, no officer had been charged in connection with any shootings.
The Justice Department in April 2014 found that "there is reason to believe" the city's Police Department had a "pattern and practice" of excessive force. The city has since agreed to a memorandum of understanding allowing the Department of Justice to monitor the department.

Add the one from 2019 and any others that may have occured from 2015-2020 in Albuquerque, and this looks bad.

Herr Kutz

Platinum Member
Jun 14, 2009
Why shouldn't we imprison the rioting police that were macing and tear gassing peaceful protesters instead?

Using children as human shields is despicable. Equally disturbing is your approval.