My Blog Post: Liberals are more accomplished than Conservatives

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 25, 2011
Only those advocating to have others pay for their sexual activity.

Your statement is false and misleading. Ms. Fluke, at no time, referenced her sexual activity in any way. She was referring to medical benefits from BC being used. You should recant your misleading statement.

Here's her statement.

http://abcnews.go.com/images/Politics/statement-Congress-letterhead-2nd%2520hearing.pdf&sa=U&ei=YoDcT-LqC6TU2AWettDFDQ&ved=0CBkQFjAC&usg=AFQjCNFypJVnp3xYaIaew279hp9hNABOOg

micrometers

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2010
Tripe, bullshit, self serving pseudo intellectual crap. I could go on, but I'd like to keep my ban to under a week.

this is why conservatives are not accomplished. They quickly get nasty, like their hero Limbaugh. And frankly, that is not the right mindset if you actually want to accomplish things. Nastiness and negativity make people stupid.

michal1980

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2003
Your statement is false and misleading. Ms. Fluke, at no time, referenced her sexual activity in any way. She was referring to medical benefits from BC being used. You should recant your misleading statement.

Here's her statement.

http://abcnews.go.com/images/Politics/statement-Congress-letterhead-2nd%2520hearing.pdf&sa=U&ei=YoDcT-LqC6TU2AWettDFDQ&ved=0CBkQFjAC&usg=AFQjCNFypJVnp3xYaIaew279hp9hNABOOg

Because the most obivous use for BC is well obivous.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012

Here's her statement.

Contracpetion http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contraception
Contraception is the prevention of the fusion of gametes during or after sexual activity

Note that the word contraception or contraceptives occurs 12 times in her statement.

She was clearly referring to sexual activity. If hers, that would make her a whore. If others that would make her a pimp.

Jan 25, 2011
Contracpetion http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contraception

Note that the word contraception or contraceptives occurs 12 times in her statement.

She was clearly referring to sexual activity. If hers, that would make her a whore. If others that would make her a pimp.

No, you stated only those advocating to have others pay for their sexual activity. That is demonstrably false as she made no such advocation. The statement from her is evidence of this. The uses for contraceptives are not relevant to your false assertion.

Last edited:

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
Only those advocating to have others pay for their sexual activity.
Since Sandra Fluke was requesting an addendum to an insurance program for which she was paying, may I assume you mean that there was no justification whatsoever for the personal attacks on her?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
For a very simple reason: conservatives focus on resentment of fellow citizens, which is how you become burned out.

If you're busy resenting school teachers, people on food stamps, and illegal immigrants, you're going to become burned out.

Liberals tend to focus resentment on the upper echelons of society, like the people who run Citigroup.

That is non-specific. It is also the *right* thing to do since the people at the top have the power to make the world a better place, while the people at the bottom do not have the power.

So basically a conservative will listen to Rush Limbaugh and think about how all of these people he sees on the street are ruining america. A liberal will listen to Rachel Maddow and think about how America needs to be made better on a whole. Latter is more positive, ultimately, and that is the mindset needed to accomplish.

What it comes down to is that liberals think and conservatives try to suppress negative emotions. Liberals like new things and conservatives fear they will stir up bad feelings and want to keep anything from changing. 52 percent of scientists self identify as liberal compared to 20% of the general population. For liberals, conservatives are dangerous because like frogs in a slowly warming kettle, they will not jump out and will try to keep any other frog from doing so. Conservative see liberals as dangerous because they fear a fire under the kettle but think the calories liberals use to think is what's causing the it. All this is due to different brain wiring. If you look at the traits of conservatives and liberals posted by IDC in one of the forum rules threads you can see just how hideous being a conservative is. Nobody would chose to be a conservative, but once you are one I guess you're stuck because you'd be afraid to change. We liberals aren't like that. I can be a conservative several times a day, like if the SO says change your pants, we're going out to dinner. The only important issue there, since my pants don't eat and already need washing so I won't dirty up a clean new pair, is that I make sure the fixident is effectively applied to my false teeth.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
What it comes down to is that liberals think and conservatives try to suppress negative emotions. Liberals like new things and conservatives fear they will stir up bad feelings and want to keep anything from changing. 52 percent of scientists self identify as liberal compared to 20% of the general population. For liberals, conservatives are dangerous because like frogs in a slowly warming kettle, they will not jump out and will try to keep any other frog from doing so. Conservative see liberals as dangerous because they fear a fire under the kettle but think the calories liberals use to think is what's causing the it. All this is due to different brain wiring. If you look at the traits of conservatives and liberals posted by IDC in one of the forum rules threads you can see just how hideous being a conservative is. Nobody would chose to be a conservative, but once you are one I guess you're stuck because you'd be afraid to change. We liberals aren't like that. I can be a conservative several times a day, like if the SO says change your pants, we're going out to dinner. The only important issue there, since my pants don't eat and already need washing so I won't dirty up a clean new pair, is that I make sure the fixident is effectively applied to my false teeth.

I think there are two considerations here regarding one who aligns themselves with either the conservative or liberal ends of the stick. One is to do with having a choice to change and the other is choosing to change.

The 'Choosing' part presumes a rational or even an irrational process has or is occurring. Further, it presumes the stimuli to change has merit as seen by the person. You suggest that once hooked you is hooked and I think it depends on what caused one to be in either of the camps. For instance, Little Johnny quickly learns what rewards and what restricts the Atta Boys Johnny needs. If Johnny is a 'wired' liberal and Mom and Dad are Conservative - regardless of how they became that - Johnny is more than likely to absorb from that environment lots of perceived negative stuff and it will reside in his subconscious as bad Johnny stuff causing his behavior to be contrary to his want or wiring. Johnny will grow up filled with self hate because he has good reason to do so... He behaves contrary to his true self. And, he don't know it. The more he drinks from the fountain of hate the thirstier he becomes and the more unlikely he'd even consider the merits of the other side let alone rationalize how absurd his inner conflict is... he has to rid himself of everything and start anew.... It ain't gonna happen... at least not often.
The other possibility is that he's wired Conservative in a conservative environment... Here he has hope should he wish to rationalize and opt to favor the other extreme... He has all the same environmental inputs as Johnny above but they don't provide the same self hate... The driving force behind irrational behavior... This Johnny might see bigotry and racism and hypocrisy as being wrong and would rationalize freely to this conclusion and do so because he is unburdened by the full force and credit of Self Hate as it relates to being wired one way and living in an environment filled contrary to that.

Choice then is a function of recognizing a choice exists at all. Choice is a function of rationalization and that is limited to the ability to rationalize. One condition allows for it to occur while the other has no way to see it. Blinded by self hate is being blind to choice. The can be no merit in what can't be seen and therefore, no motivation to pursue change.

This would be especially true for Christians who know that Love is what Christ was all about. If they behave in what is reasonably considered unLove then it becomes obvious or more obvious what conditions they are motivated by...

Personally, I raised my kids and grand kids with the notion of how to think.... NOT what to think. When asked a question about 'this or that' I'd choose words that caused them to figure it out using their own rationalization process... Today, my youngest grand kid is almost 22 and the lot of them are in camps from Liberal to Conservative but none of them are racist or bigots or hypocrites... they abhor bigotry... all of them do. They separate their religious beliefs from the State's laws. They all hold that their belief system is subjected to reality...
An example that happened yesterday... Kyle who is a very Christian person.. what ever 'very' means... said... Science provides insight into the mind of God... In other words... Religion does not dictate Scientific fact. If the Universe is 13.72 b years old and created by Quantum fluctuations... (Something from nothing) then that is how it began... But, he'll be going to heaven and not to worms.... The absence of proof is not the proof of absence in his mind.. he knows God exists and God knew all about physics... and so does Kyle.

marvdmartian

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2002
Liberals more accomplished?

At believing that their useless liberal arts degree in underwater basket weaving makes them so much smarter than their blue collar brethren? Check!

At being much more likely to continue being unemployed, while the economy recovers, because there's more demand for those blue collar jobs (the only ones which you qualify for being burger flipping) that you consider beneath you?? Check!

At looking down their nose at anyone who lives outside their big city? Check!

At being less willing to take criticism of their favorite politician? Check!

At being much less likely to sit down and talk to another educated person who disagrees with their views, and simply write that person off as another "stupid conservative"?? Check that one twice!

Yep, you're much more accomplished!! :rolleyes:

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
Liberals more accomplished?
At believing that their useless liberal arts degree in underwater basket weaving makes them so much smarter than their blue collar brethren? Check!
At being much more likely to continue being unemployed, while the economy recovers, because there's more demand for those blue collar jobs (the only ones which you qualify for being burger flipping) that you consider beneath you?? Check!
At looking down their nose at anyone who lives outside their big city? Check!
At being less willing to take criticism of their favorite politician? Check!
At being much less likely to sit down and talk to another educated person who disagrees with their views, and simply write that person off as another "stupid conservative"?? Check that one twice!
Yep, you're much more accomplished!! :rolleyes:
Have you ever met a liberal IRL, or do you rely exclusively on Ann Coulter, Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh et al for your opinions on them?

Idontcare

Elite Member
Oct 10, 1999
Note: this forum is not your personal blog space. If you want to blog then please create a blog and add a link to it in your sig.

If you wish to debate a specific subject matter within the P&N community then you are expected to employ reasonable thread titles (not declarations of unproven rhetoric) and back up your assertions in the OP by way of citing 3rd party links and resources.

Since this is a blog thread, and blog threads are not allowed, this thread is now closed.

Administrator Idontcare

Status
Not open for further replies.