My best man speech

ThaGrandCow

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001
I was asked by a friend to be the best man at his wedding, and I accepted immediately, although I had trouble coming up with just the right speech. Finally, after a few days I managed to write one that I thought was perfect for the situation. On the night of the speech I was pretty nervous, there were upwards of 500 people there, and almost every living relative of both the bride and grooms family. I managed to deliver it pretty well though. I'll let you read what I said after the initial introductions:

"Marriage is a journey that continues on forever, when two souls meet and decide to take the voyage as one for he rest of their lives. Anytime that happens is a miracle, and we see a miracle beginning before us tonight. We also see the beginning of the three most important aspects of a marriage: that you two should love, cherish, and honor each other.

Love is immediately obvious to anyone that sees you together. It's absolutely flowing in every possible direction from you two and it brings happiness to anyone around you to see the uplifting mood you bring into any room you enter.

I have yet to see either of you start the slightest argument with the other. You are always there for your partner, and will jump at the slightest chance to get the smallest glimpse of the other. You cherish every moment you have together, and that makes for not only a beautiful relationship, but a long and blessed life too. Many people would give everything they had for just a day with someone who cherished every moment with them like you two do for each other.

And we come to the last aspect, honor. Well Brad, tonight I want you to remember one thing: When you retire to your room tonight... Get honor and stay honor!"

I'm still holding an ice pack against the black eye her father gave me

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
hahahah great ending.

i was best man at a good friends of mine wedding (both his 1st and 2nd..to same women). i really can't remember much because i was drunk.heh

though i been told i was funny and made a good speech. i can't remember much and have not seen the video of it.

tweakmm

Lifer
May 28, 2001
I was entirely too drunk to remember what I said at my older brother's wedding when I was best man. :D

But seriously, I'm calling shenanigans.

Hankysmoo

Golden Member
May 27, 2000
Originally posted by: ThaGrandCow
It was just a joke, I thought you guys would get a laugh out of it :(

LoL, where'd you get this from? I got a chuckle out of it. I'm gonna memorize this speech and use it when the time is right. =P

LordMorpheus

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2002
best best man speech I've seen (i've seen lots, the mother is a wedding photographer and I'll go help on jobs from time to time) was a couple years ago - the groom had, in his younger days, been the lead singer for a death metal/angst punk band.

The best man got up with a peice of paper and read the lyrics to one of their songs, completely deadpan. The groom was redder than anything I've ever seen, and the song was all about there being no true love and how all that stuff is lies and all that, typically angsty metal stuff.

The guy ended the speech with "and now you're getting married, so she must be pretty damn special"

Everyone loved it.

Doboji

Diamond Member
May 18, 2001
It's taken from a great man toast...

Here's to Honor,

May you get honor, stay honor
and if you can't cum in her.... come honor.

Hopefully thats not too grisly to be posted here... if it is... I will delete it.