My beautiful midterm experience

MegaWorks

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2004
For one hour of mayhem and confusion reigned as we were told that Jean Charest (Quebec premiere) came to visit (I don?t know about the validity of the statement) and that we were going to have our exam delayed. Soon we were told that other rooms were available in the law building and maybe even some of us could go in the biology building and write it there.

Midterms are stressful enough, having to cope with an utterly incompetent and
disoriented McGill staff is quite another thing.

I saw so many people cheating (talking about the exam and sharing
answers) after the exam finished while waiting in line.

There was nothing to do because all the invigilators (if that?s even a
word) were all at the front, not even caring about the cheating.

Also the exam was supposed to be two hours according to the lecture
notes.

Maybe I?m just a bit stressed out from three labs in a row, but it seems
very unfair to everyone (mostly those who refused to cheat).

When I got to the fifth floor in the medical building at 7 pm as I was told to do, they told me that they had no more room and for me to go to the law building. So I ended up
getting to write the exam at 7:15 pm, so I had only 30 minutes to complete the exam.

Felt fvcking great :|

alm4rr

Diamond Member
Dec 21, 2000
Originally posted by: MegaWorks
For one hour of mayhem and confusion reigned as we were told that Jean Charest (Quebec premiere) came to visit (I don?t know about the validity of the statement) and that we were going to have our exam delayed. Soon we were told that other rooms were available in the law building and maybe even some of us could go in the biology building and write it there.

word)

yup, it is a word

MegaWorks

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2004
Originally posted by: alm4rr

word)

yup, it is a word

:confused:

Wallydraigle

Banned
Nov 27, 2000
Yet, if you were late or didn't have your shlt together you would have gotten failed. It's great how that works, isn't it? It's not like people pay to go there or anything. Oh yeah, that's right, I guess they do. If other businesses ran like colleges we'd be living in mud huts.

jagec

Lifer
Apr 30, 2004
Originally posted by: Wallydraigle
Yet, if you were late or didn't have your shlt together you would have gotten failed. It's great how that works, isn't it? It's not like people pay to go there or anything. Oh yeah, that's right, I guess they do. If other businesses ran like colleges we'd be living in mud huts.

when it comes to inefficiency and disorganization, small businesses < large businesses < educational institutions <<<<< government

Wallydraigle

Banned
Nov 27, 2000
Originally posted by: jagec

when it comes to inefficiency and disorganization, small businesses < large businesses < educational institutions <<<<< government

Well, yeah, but if you don't like the government you have you can revolt and stuff. But if you don't like the colleges, the best you can do is just not go, and work at McDonald's or pump gas or something. Do you need a degree to pump gas yet?

brigden

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2002
I met Jean Charest once. He was speaking at my high school and when I heard we would be having an assembly, I decided to dust early. As I'm walking out the door he is on the other side. I was the first student he met and we exchanged a pleasant hello as I left the school property.

MegaWorks

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2004

I wasn't late read carefully, I was told that my room had been replaced at the time I was there.

Wallydraigle

Banned
Nov 27, 2000

I wasn't late read carefully, I was told that my room had been replaced at the time I was there.

You didn't get it. Nevermind.

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999

Gibson486

Lifer
Aug 9, 2000
<----had his electromagnetics exam today. Geesh, I thought I had this in the bag. I couldn't even finish the first question.

I also had an Electronics exam today too. Not as bad, but i didn't ace it.

What I have leanrned thus far in this semester....i should have taken linear systems instead of emag.

Gibson486

Lifer
Aug 9, 2000

over the head.....

MegaWorks

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2004

Ops sorry about that, I get it now! :) :beer: