my bathtub is filled with black water

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Keep a notebook with pictures detailing all the problems you have. I had a landlord once that was threatning to keep a sercuity deposit because of damage to the apartment.(a few nail holes/stain on the carpet). The pictures showed that the apartment was in much better shape as we were leaving it then when we moved in.
It also documented every service call and how long it took to get a response. It would of been a great reference at a small claims court. I think just showing it to him meant it saved me from having to file a claim and go to court.

Asha'man

Oct 15, 1999
ewwww black water....that REALLY suck...and yeah of course, he is blaming it on you...I mean he was on a coffe break and then you called and disturbed him.

Hehe I pay $210/mo for my 12 square meter room in downtown Gothenburg, Sweden

Asha'man

divinemartyr

Platinum Member
Oct 18, 2000
Weezergirl,

Sorry to hear about the bathroom, get some stuff to clean your pipes out, then they can't blame it on your hair in the future, let them know you clean it regularly with drain cleaner.

Oh and that $1,650 is the cost you pay for living in LA ;) Your jobs out there pay quite a bit more too though so you can't complain too much. Our 2 bedroom here in Dallas (where pay is about the same as those in the midwest etc) is $1,430 so imagine that. ;)

We're about to move into a house June 1 though, which is $1,950 but we'll be splitting it between 3 people, I can't wait!

dm

ChrichtonsGirl

Platinum Member
Aug 24, 2000
Wasn't there a family in Amityville that had a similar problem? Or was it that little girl named Regan?

Hmm...who could it have been?

Could it be...

SATAN?!

;)

weezergirl

Diamond Member
May 24, 2000
i just finished cleaning my bathtub. after the plumber got through with it it looked like my bathtub literally looked like a sewer. EW. all my roommates went home for the weekend so i got to clean it allll by myself. i should have taken a picture for u guys.

The Dancing Peacock

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 1999
I hate the rent in Westwood, overpriced for some old places. And overpriced for new places too. Doesn't matter. :frown: Same thing happened in my apartment 2 years ago. The girls upstairs clogged their shower with all their hair :p and it backed up our shower. It was some nasty sh;t. Manager was a bitch and tried to tell us it was our fault, bunch of crap. The place was old and it shared pipes, just like yours.

late.

TDP

shopbruin

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2000
its all these landlord/apartment stories that makes me happy i'm gonna be in the dorms at least through next year.

but then i still have to share a room. after living with the roommate i have now living alone is SO much more preferable.

weezergirl

Diamond Member
May 24, 2000
i heard it's going to be really crowded next year and that the class coming in gets only one year in the dorms. how much does that suck??

Scrapster

Diamond Member
Nov 27, 2000
Wow. I pay $300 for a craphole and our bathtub isn't black.

(But there's stuff growing on it)

eakers

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
hi weezergirl.
are you enjoying the new weezer cd? did you get the free keychain when you bought it?

i hope you get your bathroom fixed soon.

*kat. <-- enjoys the new weezer cd.

weezergirl

Diamond Member
May 24, 2000
yes! i'm enjoying the new weezer cd :) it's not as good as the other two but i still love it. no, i didn't get a free keychain :( they didn't have that at the place i got the cd. i stood in line for 10 hours just to buy the cd and meet them tho! i have it on videotape and as soon as i get it on my comp i'll post it up. it's so dumb tho cuz all i could do was gawk at rivers and i didn't say anything cept a stupid &quot;thanks&quot;. i'm a DORK. sigh, i love weezer :) and i'm glad u are enjoying their new cd!