• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

my back hurts all the dang time now

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
eating ibuprofen and hoping it goes away.
Clearly that is not working. Got a plan B?

Chiropractor?
Osteopath?

A chiropractor relieved my constant back pain that had me hobbling like an old man (I was in my 30's at the time) to completely pain free in about 3 weeks, with visits 2x/week.

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
Clearly that is not working. Got a plan B?

Chiropractor?
Osteopath?

A chiropractor relieved my constant back pain that had me hobbling like an old man (I was in my 30's at the time) to completely pain free in about 3 weeks, with visits 2x/week.
did you every have to go back to the chiro after that?

i dunno what i'm going to do, i was thinking of talking to my regular doctor about it when i visit in a few months

the back was actually feeling somewhat better until yesterday when i had to lunge to stop my niece from faceplanting on the ground

at that point i pretty much decided i'm too old to have kids haha

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
did you every have to go back to the chiro after that?

i dunno what i'm going to do, i was thinking of talking to my regular doctor about it when i visit in a few months

the back was actually feeling somewhat better until yesterday when i had to lunge to stop my niece from faceplanting on the ground

at that point i pretty much decided i'm too old to have kids haha
I went every couple of weeks for maybe 3 - 4 months.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
L5 is a slight hemivertebrae. Easy enough to see on an x-ray. Like said, pt, core strength and don't pick up heavy stuff.

Good luck. When mine went on vacation, it was debilitating.

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
The best doctor I know recommends this book to everyone who comes in with back pain:
McKenzie's Treat your own back
I haven't had any chronic back pain, luckily, but if I did I would buy that book and follow it. I just googled the title, didn't look for deals.
so my back started to feel better over the summer. it rarely aches in the morning now, and is fine after that. no pain pills needed.

maybe i got used to the bed?

or perhaps just knowing that i'm going to the doctor takes away my problems. i should do that more often!

he did say i should work on my core strength though, so i might pick up that book.

repoman0

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2010
Simple core strength PT exercises and stretching will go a long way. The easiest thing to do is just get a referral for an actual PT and go regularly for a few months. Sure you can teach yourself on YouTube and with books but an actual professional will be far more effective, motivating, and should be covered by your health insurance. I was skeptical myself but finally went after I hurt my back squatting and it wouldn’t go away after a few months .. literally changed my life in the sense that I’m back to lifting with better form than ever and have the tools to maintain core strength and flexibility without having to visit a PT again.

I don’t do most of the easier exercises anymore but still do bicycle crunches to warm up for lifting days, side and regular planks along with some hamstring and erector spinae stretches most days, and foam rolling pretty much every day. Oh and I still get to be a side sleeper without any discomfort … stomach and back sleeping sucks, just can’t do it.

Reactions: brianmanahan

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS