My ASUS GF4 4200/TD 128MB seems very dark when playing games or watching movies. HELP

SnoopyDog

Jun 30, 2000
Hi there.

As topic says. What does the problem seem to be?? I have no idea.

The drivers I have testet are 40.41 and 40.71 and 41.09.

Before I had a Pallit Daytona GF4 with no problems what so ever, brightness wise.

This has nothing to do with the fact that it is OC. I have also testet it at default voltage.

Cheers in advance

Viper96720

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2002
Increase the brightness setting in the game and program your using to watch movies. Try turning digital vibrance on.

SnoopyDog

Jun 30, 2000
I whish it was so simple.

I cant increase the brightness setting enough. I can hardly see whats going on.

Mem

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
What I do is when I go to game is increase my brightness to 50(which is just right for my LG monitor for gaming) then when I go back to desktop I put it back down again.

If you`re saying your brightness(monitor one) is still too dark even on full brightness in gaming then go to Nvidia display properties panel and play about with the brightness /gamma settings.

Ketchup

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2002
I have also noticed that the Detonator 40 drivers are pretty dark in games. Usually, by adjusting my monitor, the nVidia control panel, and the brightness in the game, I can find a level to suite me in games and in Windows.

Also, make sure to keep the lights low when playing games. This will have a large impact on how bright the games appear.

ASK THE COMMUNITY