my apartment is infested with mosquitoes:(

Gibson486

Lifer
Aug 9, 2000
I bought a zapper (looks like a tennis racket) and I must zapped a good 30 of tehse guys just this week. I have no idea where thes eguys are coming from. I have even shut all my windows 24/7. WTF!!! they are still here! I have never had this problem before, but this year they just keep coming! can they breed in doors?

NiteWulf

Golden Member
Jan 3, 2003
They can if there's a standing pool of water. My first guess would be that they're getting in through a crack somewhere, but look around to make sure there're no wet spots under the sink or the water heater or somewhere

Tsaico

Platinum Member
Oct 21, 2000
Sometime they can. I had a friend who had a leak in the drainage system of his AC in his condo. The result was a puddle where the mosquitos were breeding. I also have heard of these things breeding in the exra drain hole in the sinks or tubs. (the ones that are there to keep the thing from overflowing if you have a stopper in it)

In my buddies case it also caused some mold issues too, so call your apt management or take a look around with a flash light. He had noticed they tended to be near his kitchen to most. That was when he though of looking in the ceiling and the only place that he had easy access was the port for the AC. When he opened it up, he just found standing water and his mosquitos.