My 980TI GPU keeps crashing...but only on my computer? Read on and be mystified...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
I have seen a case like this where swapping the CPU fixed the issue. It was with a 6600k, perhaps had a bad PCIE controller. Try troubleshooting the CPU.

Smoblikat

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2011
You should upgrade to windows 7 and see if the problem still happens in there, my buddy also has strange driver issues with windows 10.

Also, this sounds like a very similar problem I was having a while ago, try swapping RAM with some sticks that are 100% absolutely guaranteed known functional that have never ever ever had any sort of problems in their entire life. I was chasing random GPU driver crashes and black screen lockups for over a year. Swapped GPU's, the problem went away for a little while but came back, swapped CPU's and the problem reappeared after a couple weeks again. Tested each DIMM individually and as a set and everything passed in flying colors. Wound up getting frustrated and just using a different computer entirely, it wasnt until just recently that I realized it was my memory the whole time. I took the DIMMs out of the "cursed" computer and put them into the one ive been using (which never crashed once) and started experiencing the same exact issues again.