My 5 year old daughter wants to me to take her to "The Simpsons" movie.

Lounatik

Golden Member
Oct 10, 1999
My wife is going to get two shirts for us. On the one I am going to wear it will say" Butthole Surfers and my daughter's will say "I'm With Stupid ---->" . Look daddy! I'm a surfer!!

My only question is: Can this be considered child cruelty? :D

Peace

Lounatik

anxi80

Lifer
Jul 7, 2002
maybe its just me but i think it'd be funnier if she wore the butthole surfers shirt and you wear the 'im with stupid' shirt.

"look daddy, todd is stupid and i'm with him!'

YoungGun21

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2006
Oh wait a minute are those the shirts from the episode where the Flanders' house gets destroyed?

Then it would make sense.

Lounatik

Golden Member
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: G Wizard
lmao.

that would be awesome. take pics!

I will. To the poster who thought that maybe she should wear the Butthole Surfers shirt, I really think that someone would make an issue out of her wearing it. Although the "Look daddy ,Todd is stupid and I'm with him! angle is undeniably funny.

Peace

Lounatik

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
My 9 year-old daughter wants to see it as well, but somhow I can't see taking a 5 year-old to any movie.

thomsbrain

Lifer
Dec 4, 2001
I definitely wouldn't take a 5-year-old to see that movie. Just because it's a cartoon doesn't mean it's appropriate.

SirStev0

Lifer
Nov 13, 2003
Originally posted by: thomsbrain
I definitely wouldn't take a 5-year-old to see that movie. Just because it's a cartoon doesn't mean it's appropriate.

would you allow your 5 year old to be in the same room as you while watching the simpson's on tv? of course you would.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: SirStev0

would you allow your 5 year old to be in the same room as you while watching the simpson's on tv? of course you would.

movies are always worse then the TV show. there is a reason it is rated PG-13

jdoggg12

Platinum Member
Aug 20, 2005

I wouldn't take my 5 y/o (which i do have) to a theatre to see anything other than a PG/G movie intended for little kids. Its disrespectful, kids are kids and they're going to be a little rambunctious depending on their age.

I'm not saying anyone is a bad parent for doing it, just that if the kid doesn't have self control (like most 5 y/o's in public) then you can ruin the experience for all the people who paid $10 to watch the movie in peace.

Ramma2

Platinum Member
Jul 29, 2002
Originally posted by: waggy

movies are always worse then the TV show. there is a reason it is rated PG-13

Thats right, they suggest parental guidance for children under 13. Which is what he is doing.

Non issue.

Lounatik

Golden Member
Oct 10, 1999
She gets a big kick out of watching it with me at night. If I take her to the movie, I imagine I could get about an hour, maybe the entire 90 minutes in. She really wants to see it and I wouldnt dream of letting her disrupt a movie. Hell, in restaurants she gets exactly zero chances before my wife or I pull her outside so we dont disturb anyone. She knows that goes for movies or anything else.

Peace

Lounatik

TruePaige

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2006
Originally posted by: Lounatik
She gets a big kick out of watching it with me at night. If I take her to the movie, I imagine I could get about an hour, maybe the entire 90 minutes in. She really wants to see it and I wouldnt dream of letting her disrupt a movie. Hell, in restaurants she gets exactly zero chances before my wife or I pull her outside so we dont disturb anyone. She knows that goes for movies or anything else.

Peace

Lounatik

:beer: Here's to you, buddy!

jdoggg12

Platinum Member
Aug 20, 2005

Peace

Lounatik

You're the kind of parent we need more of then. Good on you!

As long as the parent puts their foot down, then kids should be included. Its just that so many parents refuse to put their kids in check. They forget they're the kids parent, not their friend.

:thumbsup:

MattCo

Platinum Member
Jan 29, 2001

Peace

Lounatik

Wow, a parent taking responsibility... too bad you are a rarity.

-MC

Lounatik

Golden Member
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: MattCo

Peace

Lounatik

Wow, a parent taking responsibility... too bad you are a rarity.

-MC

I was at a restaurant called Joe's Crab Shack the other night with the family and it had just rained. They have an outdoor playground for the kids to play on while you wait for your dinner. It is full of sand, which turned to mud after the rain. I guess there was at least a dozen little (5-8 years old) kids mixing up the slop and playing in basically mud. In a restaurant, with not a parent in sight. My daughter wanted to play, but at least she understood that wasnot possible. Oh well, I guess whatever little Timmy wants, he gets.

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Peace

Lounatik