MY 5-LB BEEF CHUB IS BLEEDING FROM THE TIP. :-0

DesignDawg

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
No, no no... Seriously.

I bought a 5-lb. "chub" of ground chuck at the store the other day, because it was the only decent deal on beef they had, and I wanted to get all my shopping done that day. Well, I used 1 lb. out of it, then twisted the end up and twist-tied it like a bread bag and set it on the counter. Well, it very quickly started dripping he clear "blood" out of the end all over my floor. Well, my wife put it in the freezer, and now there is a thick, opaque blood icicle hanging from it, just over a little blob "stalagmite" of blood. WTF? Now, this isn't that clear watery blood liquid stuff that looks like watermelon juice. This is THICK, opaque, oxygen-rich BLOOD. Never seen one do that before.

Ricky
DesignDawg

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
"MY 5-LB BEEF CHUB IS BLEEDING FROM THE TIP"

Ya know, they have antibiotics that will clear that right up donchya?

HansHurt

Platinum Member
Apr 5, 2001
Thats funny....I once took an eating challenge where you had to eat a 5lb steak, a potato the size of your head(almost), a huge piece of cake and all the trimmings

I couldn't do it....mind you I was a vegetarian for 6 mos. before that day

True story

DesignDawg

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999

<< mind you I was a vegetarian for 6 mos. before that day >>

Hehe. What a way to kick off your meat-eating. :) I had a friend who was a vegetarian all his teenage years, until one day he had enough and had a mean craving for a whopper. He tore into it with such meat-lusting ferocity, he pulled a muscle in his side. :)

Ricky
DesignDawg

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
That'll teach you to try home surgery on a priapism. How's your wife feel about this?

Viper GTS

DesignDawg

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999

<< How's your wife feel about this? >>

Hehe. All jokes aside, she's pretty PISSED. :) She can't stand the thought of any uncooked meat juices of any kind. --And thus will not touch uncooked meat in any form. Even the container it comes in. Well, this goes beyond uncooked juices. This is BLOOD. In my freezer. it even bothers ME a little. :)

Ricky
DesignDawg

yakko

Lifer
Apr 18, 2000

<< She can't stand the thought of any uncooked meat juices of any kind >>

The images that come to mind on that one.

Banned
Jul 10, 2000
When My 5_lb Chub was bleeding from the tip, I had to go see a doctor.

Nothing serious, she said that it was from too much rubbing and suggested that I use lotion.

guyver01

Lifer
Sep 25, 2000

<< She can't stand the thought of any uncooked meat juices of any kind. --And thus will not touch uncooked meat in any form >>

you poor man.. no wonder you spend alot of times on the internet...

thereds

Diamond Member
Apr 4, 2000

<< She can't stand the thought of any uncooked meat juices of any kind. --And thus will not touch uncooked meat in any form

you poor man.. no wonder you spend alot of times on the internet...
>>

My thoughts exactly. :D