MX700 vs. Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse Explorer

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
Short of the MX700 being rechargable, is there any other important differences between the mice?

I currently have the Microsoft Wireless Explorer and as much as i love it, im tired of changing batteries and was wondering if an upgrade would be worth it...

brianp34

Golden Member
Sep 9, 2001
i prefer the feel of the ms mouse, but the mx700 is definately more precise and responsive. i bought 4 1900mah rechargeable batteries and a charger, they last for a ~5 days at a time in my ms mouse and it gets used 8 hours a day.

btw...everyone is going to tell you to buy the mx.

brian

Confused

Elite Member
Nov 13, 2000
I love my Logitech Cordless Mouseman Optical. Is old now (coming up for 2 yrs) but still is better than most other mice I have used. So I can only imagine that the MX700 is much better! :)

Having the base station for recharging would be very useful, just plonk it in there when you go to bed, and it's fully charged within a few hours :)

If I need another mouse at any time soon, then the MX700 will be the one i'll get, due to my brilliant experiences with my current mouse :)

Confused

SharkyTM

Platinum Member
Sep 26, 2002
i'm having trouble getting the mx700 to be recognized by games... it wont recognize any buttons except the right and left mouse button, and the scroll up/down.... any help? I've tried the registry changes on their site, but to no avail.

LED

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Originally posted by: aphex
Short of the MX700 being rechargable, is there any other important differences between the mice?

I currently have the Microsoft Wireless Explorer and as much as i love it, im tired of changing batteries and was wondering if an upgrade would be worth it...

If the hand fit's then the MX700 will do you Justice

aphex

Jul 19, 2001
Well actually i need a new wireless keyboard soon too... For when i move into my girlfriends place and my only monitor will be my Sony 35" TV :)

Maybe i should look into the MX Duo :)

RedBeard

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2000
The MX700 was my first cordless mouse and I LOVE it. It seems more accurate than my old mouse man +.

A friend of mine who had an older logitech cordless mouse was VERY impressed with it.

Also it looks great next to my eluminx keyboard ;)

AEB

Jun 12, 2003
microsoft just recently release a blue tooth mouse and keyboard it uses WIFI i belive so that would be better than IR and a receiver. with the bluetooh you dont have to point it at the reciever for it to work

Lore

Diamond Member
Oct 24, 1999
Indeed, the bluetooth wireless mouse is very accurate and doesn't suffer from the lag that the MS Wireless Intellimouse Explorer used to suffer from.

BoomAM

Diamond Member
Sep 25, 2001
Originally posted by: AEB
microsoft just recently release a blue tooth mouse and keyboard it uses WIFI i belive so that would be better than IR and a receiver. with the bluetooh you dont have to point it at the reciever for it to work
Which you dont have to do with RF wireless technology, thats IR that your thinking of, where you have to point the device to the reciever.

Originally posted by aphex
Well actually i need a new wireless keyboard soon too... For when i move into my girlfriends place and my only monitor will be my Sony 35" TV

Maybe i should look into the MX Duo
You can buy the logitech wireless keyboard, with the MX700 now. Both using the same reciever.

aphex

Jul 19, 2001
Originally posted by: BoomAM
Originally posted by: AEB
Which you dont have to do with RF wireless technology, thats IR that your thinking of, where you have to point the device to the reciever.

Originally posted by aphex
Well actually i need a new wireless keyboard soon too... For when i move into my girlfriends place and my only monitor will be my Sony 35" TV

Maybe i should look into the MX Duo
You can buy the logitech wireless keyboard, with the MX700 now. Both using the same reciever.

Thats what the MX Duo is, isnt it?

BoomAM

Diamond Member
Sep 25, 2001
LOL.
Got a bit confused there, i couldnt remember what the name of logitechs other Duo was, so i assumed. Ah well, we all make mistakes everynow and then.