MW2 Echo level Spec Ops missions

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
My friend and I have been playing the Spec Ops missions in MW2 ever since he got it. We have done every mission on Veteran except for the last 2 Echo level missions.

I honestly don't understand how you are supposed to beat those...
In the first of the last 2 we need to finish, you have to kill 10 Juggernauts with only explosives and/or knives. They give you 10 claymores, 10 c4, a thumper (grenade launcher), and an RPG.

it starts out with 1 juggernaut, then a 2nd one comes, then 2 come at a time, then 3. We made it to 6/10 and died.

The juggernauts take so many hits to kill, even with explosives and high caliber guns.

One time my friend distracted the juggernaut and I ran up behind it and started slashing it with my knife but it didn't seem to do anything to it at all. I was thinking maybe knives were more effective but they aren't.

What I don't get is why they made them so strong AND let them run so fast. If they were slow it might be a little more manageable.

Anyone else finish these missions and have any tips?

DarkForceRising

Apr 16, 2005
That's actually the one I'm stuck on. We haven't finished the breaching one on Veteran yet either, due to some mishaps on the final breach, but we'll do it.

I assume the second one is the 15 Juggernauts on the Oil Rig? We beat that first try. The key is the Barrett that should be laying around. Four solid hits with that and they go down. Have one guy in the back sniping, have the other go in front as bait and lure them into chokepoints. Stairs are good for this. Also, loading out your bait with a grenade launcher doesn't hurt.

Admittedly, we did this on the 360 version, but it should only get easier on the PC.

duragezic

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
I haven't played them myself but they sound pretty nuts. I did read a thread on the Steam forums that included some videos of how to do it:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1032145

Cheap way is pretty stupid IMO:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwlCRqt5Gb0

This is a legit way, sort of like you mentioned with the distraction:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHVi_RdXwxM

Big simp juggernauts. Knives do work just they'll turn around and drop you so quick I don't see them being a good option.

I think somewhere it said headshots with the M79 launcher are one hit kills.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
That's actually the one I'm stuck on. We haven't finished the breaching one on Veteran yet either, due to some mishaps on the final breach, but we'll do it.

I assume the second one is the 15 Juggernauts on the Oil Rig? We beat that first try. The key is the Barrett that should be laying around. Four solid hits with that and they go down. Have one guy in the back sniping, have the other go in front as bait and lure them into chokepoints. Stairs are good for this. Also, loading out your bait with a grenade launcher doesn't hurt.

Admittedly, we did this on the 360 version, but it should only get easier on the PC.

the 15 juggernauts is the last mission