Muwahahahahaha! Just realized something.....

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
What I just realized, is that I an turn off my wife's internet access simply by depressing a button.

I just love our Motorala surfbord cable modems. Hehe.........I'm such an evil man! ;)

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
That's nothing. Your wife can deny you access to Sex by just saying "I've got a Headache"!

kt

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2000
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
That's nothing. Your wife can deny you access to Sex by just saying "I've got a Headache"!

Welp, she got you beat there.

Wife 1 - Husband 0

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Originally posted by: compuwiz1
What I just realized, is that I an turn off my wife's internet access simply by depressing a button.

I just love our Motorala surfbord cable modems. Hehe.........I'm such an evil man! ;)

Be glad you aren't married to me dude,you wouldn't even have log on rights !!! muwuhahahaha :D

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: baffled2

Be glad you aren't married to me dude,you wouldn't even have log on rights !!! muwuhahahaha :D

[Butthead Voice] Uhh heh..heh..heh.. Log On Rights..is that like a Dirty Sanchez?[/Butthead Voice]

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Originally posted by: baffled2

[Butthead Voice] Uhh heh..heh..heh.. Log On Rights..is that like a Dirty Sanchez?[/Butthead Voice]

Rotflol, you evil thing !! :D

Actually for geeks that would be more like allowing access by Root :)

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001

Heheh, I have a plan for you. Before you leave for work in the morning, press the "Standby" button on the modem. She's got no access during the day. When she calls you to whine about it tell her "I'll fix it when I get home, sweetie."

When you get home and sit in front of the PC, she'll be hovering over you like bees on honey b/c she wants to see how to fix the problem too.

Pull up the registry (full screen) don't do anything, just stare, nod your head and go "Mmmm-hmmmm" "Ahhhhh" "Oh, I see the problem!"

Close registry. Pull up defrag. Analyze the drive. When you get the full-screen color bars showing the status of your HD, point to the screen and say "See honey? The internet is fragmented! That's why you couldn't surf today." Run defrag, tell her that you're defragmentizing the internet and it'll take a minute of two. When she leaves the room, stop defrag, release the standby button and triumphantly call her back into the room and watch w/satisfaction as she surfs LifetimeTV, MarthaStewartDoily and PenPalsofPersuasion.coms.

Repeat this every day and use SEX as a bargaining chip. "Honey, I'll fix the internet...but you know...you've gotta give me some incentive here!" Try it. Report back your findings, please. :D

ps
Hey, they do it to us every day, right? ;)

Blieb

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2000
Originally posted by: MichaelD

Heheh, I have a plan for you. Before you leave for work in the morning, press the "Standby" button on the modem. She's got no access during the day. When she calls you to whine about it tell her "I'll fix it when I get home, sweetie."

When you get home and sit in front of the PC, she'll be hovering over you like bees on honey b/c she wants to see how to fix the problem too.

Pull up the registry (full screen) don't do anything, just stare, nod your head and go "Mmmm-hmmmm" "Ahhhhh" "Oh, I see the problem!"

Close registry. Pull up defrag. Analyze the drive. When you get the full-screen color bars showing the status of your HD, point to the screen and say "See honey? The internet is fragmented! That's why you couldn't surf today." Run defrag, tell her that you're deframentizing the internet and it'll take a minute of two. When she leaves the room, stop defrag, release the standby button and triumphantly call her back into the room and watch w/satisfaction as she surfs LifetimeTV, MarthaStewartDoily and PenPalsofPersuasion.coms.

Repeat this every day and use SEX as a bargaining chip. "Honey, I'll fix the internet...but you know...you've gotta give me some incentive here!" Try it. Report back your findings, please. :D

ps

15/5 pts for gayness.

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
Originally posted by: Billy7777

Close registry. Pull up defrag. Analyze the drive. When you get the full-screen color bars showing the status of your HD, point to the screen and say "See honey? The internet is fragmented! That's why you couldn't surf today." Run defrag, tell her that you're deframentizing the internet and it'll take a minute of two. When she leaves the room, stop defrag, release the standby button and triumphantly call her back into the room and watch w/satisfaction as she surfs LifetimeTV, MarthaStewartDoily and PenPalsofPersuasion.coms.

ps

15/5 pts for gayness.

You obviously have no appreciation for a fine piece of literary crafstmanship when you see it. *harrumph* I liked it.

SaltBoy

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2001

ps

Ehh... I liked it, but I now know why you couldn't live with your ex! ;)

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
Originally posted by: SaltBoy

ps

Ehh... I liked it, but I now know why you couldn't live with your ex! ;)

Heh, you mean my son's mom? We never lived together, were never married, never intended to live together, be married, share a checkbook or any of that stuff. I played, I payed; it's that simple.

But yes; I am a PITA to live with. I'm a bit OC..magazines stacked a certain way, dishes go here, glasses go there...that sort of thing. The house is neat, though!!! :D

KeyserSoze

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 2000
Originally posted by: Billy7777

ps

15/5 pts for gayness.

Yeah, but 15/5 for Humor too.

KeyserSoze

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
I'm embarassed to ask...but is there some significance to "15/5?" Is that like "five out of a possible fifteen points?" Damn..that would only be a 33% grade. :( I must practice. *goes to live in the woods with nothing but alfalfa sprouts to eat*

MajesticMoose

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2000
I'm embarassed to ask...but is there some significance to "15/5?" Is that like "five out of a possible fifteen points?" Damn..that would only be a 33% grade. :( I must practice. *goes to live in the woods with nothing but alfalfa sprouts to eat*
actually 15/5 would be 3 points or 300 percent, or so it would seem from the order

Antisocial Virge

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 1999

15/5 is 33% ? I thought your humour was bad but but your math ....