*Must read advice for ordering pizza.

BlancoNino

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2005
1. Decide what you want to order BEFORE you call them. At least get a general idea of what everyone likes, if you're not entirely sure how much you want to spend or what the specials are.

2. Never pay full menu price, unless you are ordering a lot of pizza. Most places will offer discounts (close to half off) for each additional pizza you order of the same size. There are always coupons and specials...use them. If you don't have any, print some off the internet, or even make a reasonable one up (90% of the time they don't ask for it, and if they do, say you simply misplaced it and they won't care). But never pay full menu price...

3. Keep your front porch light on at night. Make sure your house is visible. This will decrease delivery time, as the driver won't be getting out of his car to look around the block to see where the hell he is.

4. Have the money ready. It always amazes me when people are given 30-45 minutes to write a check, and they wait until the driver shows up at the door to start looking for their checkbook.

5. This one will start some flame wars, but you should always tip, unless the driver ruined your property, was mean, was ridiculously late, etc. $2-3 dollars is considered the norm (although it's very common for them to get $5 or more), but even a dollar will show them that you are grateful. If you don't tip, you will be known in the kitchen as one of those guys who don't tip. "Oh great, I don't wanna take this" is what the drivers will say when they see the ticket.

6. If something is wrong with the order, call them up. The vast majority of the time (even if they think you're lying), they will give you a free pizza, or something of that nature.

7. When you are done, get the pizza into the fridge as fast as possible. It will give it better texture when you eat it for breakfast the next morning.

8. Always take antacid tablets after eating. I swear nothing gives heartburn like pizza...and you don't want to be discouraged from eating this delicious meal, do you? Of course not.

If you follow these steps, the ordering and consuming process will increase. You will be happier, and you will never forget BlancoNino's wonderful advice. I shall forever warm your hearts with pizza wisdom. Take care, and happy ordering.

KingGheedora

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2006
I'm gonna try that antacid next time I order. When I order pizza I gorge and then feel the burn and don't want to eat pizza again for weeks.

BlancoNino

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2005
Originally posted by: BobDaMenkey
This thread will not end well :(

*lawnchair*

I really hope it won't turn into a tipping debate. Hell, even if you don't tip, just follow the rest of those steps.

Reckoner

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: KingGheedora
NY pizza sucks dude. It's all about Little Ceasar's and Domino's.

Domino's does kick ass, but here at ATOT, everyone considers chain restaurants/pizza joints to be complete trash.

fustercluck

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2002
I don't see why this has to be a big debate thread, he's just sharing some good tips for ordering pizza :p

I don't have to worry about tipping delivery guys because i always go and pick it up myself. Pizza is expensive as it is without having to include a tip. Little Ceasers is $5 carryout (pepperoni only i think) and Blackjack is $5.99 carryout for whatever topping you want. Good meal for the money if you're starvin.

BlancoNino

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2005
Originally posted by: PaulNEPats
Originally posted by: KingGheedora
NY pizza sucks dude. It's all about Little Ceasar's and Domino's.

Domino's does kick ass, but here at ATOT, everyone considers chain restaurants/pizza joints to be complete trash.

Well, non-chain pizza joints aren't as efficient, are generally more expensive, and often times don't deliver.

GeekDrew

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2000
Do you have any advice for those of us that live outside of the radius of all pizza delivery places?

I also disagree on #1, FWIW.

Oh, and I also disagree that non-chain pizza joints are not as efficient -- some are.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
"1. Never pay full menu price, unless you are ordering a lot of pizza"
WTF?

I do agree with the rest of the tips though.

BlancoNino

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2005
Originally posted by: shortylickens
WTF?

If you order a lot of pizza, you will get a good deal on it. They will give every other pizza half off. Also, I doubt you're going to find 10 jumbo pizzas worth of coupons or specials.

jadinolf

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
Originally posted by: BlancoNino
Originally posted by: shortylickens
WTF?

If you order a lot of pizza, you will get a good deal on it. They will give every other pizza half off. Also, I doubt you're going to find 10 jumbo pizzas worth of coupons or specials.

You need to post a few more times in this thread.

Soccerman06

Diamond Member
Jul 29, 2004
Originally posted by: Pacfanweb
Rule #8: I make my own, which is better than any take out or restaurant-made pizza.

You really think that eh? Get out more

Anyways, blanco you got a weak stomache if you need a little pepcid before eating pizza.