Must-buy DVD titles...need to buy before coupon ends...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by: anxi80
Originally posted by: JaydenChris
Originally posted by: anxi80
id hold out for the Goodfellas. I hear the video quality/sound isnt that great, and that a special edition is coming out next year.

my suggestions: Saving Private Ryan and Leon: The Professional (international edition, in fact, just get the superbit) <--- has love, comedy, and action, all in 1 movie!

Is there a real diff. w/ superbit?? I haven't seen a movie w/ it yet.
yes, check out this link and go down to the screen shots. you can see the more detail and more vibrant colors, as opposed to the blurry and "washed out" effect on some images.
deserado superbit v. region 1 desperado

Not all Superbits are superior. Some are a great disappointment. Many have terrible edge enhancement, and some are just high-bit encodings of terrible masters.

cpals

Diamond Member
Mar 5, 2001
Originally posted by: bleeb
Lord of the Rings Extended editions.
Tommyboy
Office Space

Lord of the Rings are OOS as are most of the more popular DVDs.

rgwalt

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2000
Star Trek: Deep Space 9 Seasons 1-7

$700+ for 140 hours of Star Trek goodness from beginning to end. Worth every penny.

Ryan

anxi80

Lifer
Jul 7, 2002
i agree. but thats why i picked the desperado example, because that was was completly restored and encoded, and the difference shows. some other one's, like Leon, have no difference from the International Edition. In fact, i hear the bass is a little softer in the Superbit edition, and thats about it. the reason i suggested that one though is because the Superbit is a couple bucks cheaper than the International Edition. In fact, the Superbit version comes out to around $16.

cpals

Diamond Member
Mar 5, 2001
Originally posted by: rgwalt
Star Trek: Deep Space 9 Seasons 1-7

$700+ for 140 hours of Star Trek goodness from beginning to end. Worth every penny.

Ryan

Holy smokes! $700!

I wish I even had that much money to blow... right now I'm broke.

masterxfob

Diamond Member
May 20, 2001