muslims threaten South Park creators

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SamurAchzar

Platinum Member
Feb 15, 2006
Has that been a big problem here? I tend to think that they probably face more violence due to their religious beliefs than we due to those beliefs.

When we have had to deal with their violence, we reacted appropriately, we went after them, overthrew the government that was protecting them and tried to kill as many of them as possible.

You're right, and this is exactly why you don't see Muslims abusing the system in the US just like they do in Europe. The US public is just not as tolerant to such shit as liberals in other places.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
What's he's saying is if the loony left protected the desecration of islam like it protects the desecration of Christianity, America would be a better place, but as it is the loony left goes out of their way to applaud the desecration of Christianity while remaining sensitive to the desecration of the religion of pieces.
That's the good thing about Christianity, it's not an insecure religion, we don't have to worry about some Priest blowing himself upin a Bus full of non believers because we made fun of the Virgin Mary.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
You're right, and this is exactly why you don't see Muslims abusing the system in the US just like they do in Europe. The US public is just not as tolerant to such shit as liberals in other places.
That's because even those the Right calls Liberals really aren't. Let the Muslims try to take up arms here and those so called Liberals will be shoulder to shoulder with the most whacked out Tea Bagger going after them.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
we have people all over the country sending death threats to legislators for passing health care and christian groups encouraging the murder of abortion providers. yeah, some muslims get whacky and murdery n stuff, but you have to be really blind to ignore the rest of the crazies.

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
That's because even those the Right calls Liberals really aren't. Let the Muslims try to take up arms here and those so called Liberals will be shoulder to shoulder with the most whacked out Tea Bagger going after them.

With what? In the loony lefts world we wouldn't have the sufficient weapons to repel any armed uprising. Thank goodness for those that protect our right to bear arms huh?

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
With what? In the loony lefts world we wouldn't have the sufficient weapons to repel any armed uprising. Thank goodness for those that protect our right to bear arms huh?
That or a truck full of Fertilizer:eek:

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Afraid to call it like it is? The problem is Islam, clear and simple.
Many things and governments have to happen before Islam is banned on Western land, however the Muslims are making great efforts to accelerate this process. If it keeps the direction its going, it won't be too long.

It will show that the violent tactic used by Islam to impair free speech don't hold on US soil. If this is not sending out a message to the radicals, then I don't know what is.

Your statements appear to be at odds with each other. On one hand, you seem to support banning an entire religion, but on the other hand, you want to show that the First Amendment will not be abridged.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
That's the good thing about Christianity, it's not an insecure religion, we don't have to worry about some Priest blowing himself upin a Bus full of non believers because we made fun of the Virgin Mary.

The only thing we have to worry about priests blowing sure isn't blowing up!

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
Wow, talk about living up to the stereotype that the episode was mocking.

ussfletcher

Platinum Member
Apr 16, 2005
A few years ago they bombed the Danish? consulate after a cartoonist showed a picture of Mohammad with a bomb in his turban.. a fitting gesture of their peaceful religion, and it totally didn't affirm his point in any way.

CitizenKain

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2000
It will show that the violent tactic used by Islam to impair free speech don't hold on US soil. If this is not sending out a message to the radicals, then I don't know what is.

Can we get rid of all the violent Abrahamic religions too?

Dec 30, 2004
http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/04/19/security-brief-radical-islamic-web-site-takes-on-south-park/

It sounds a bit puerile to say "ban religion". I think what we need to do is make it illegal to teach religion to children. If I were to tell you I could fly, you'd laugh, or maybe ask me to sell you some LSD. But if I told a child I could fly, they'd ask me how high. It is childrens' naivete that allows religious indoctrination to spread from one generation to the next in an unending chain. By breaking this cycle we can free the world of its idiocy and progress as a species.

believing the universe created itself out of nothing contrary to the laws of thermodynamics and all the laws that this universe obeys is a blind religion.

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
Lets not forget this was a 2 part episode - and Parker/Stone often incorporate VERY recent events in their shows, including things that happen as recently as the night before.

Bets on a reference to this story/website being in tomorrow's 2nd part?

Fear No Evil

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2008
I'm betting they will be sellout pusses and not say a thing about it. Maybe they'll make fun of Jesus because Chrisitians don't threaten their lives.

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
I'm betting they will be sellout pusses and not say a thing about it. Maybe they'll make fun of Jesus because Chrisitians don't threaten their lives.

You do realize they've made fun of muslims quite a few times in the past? Muhammad actually was shown in an early episode, they did an episode with a mock muslim terrorist attack a few years ago, they had a whole episode about 'who was really behind 9/11', they had an episode where cartman insisted a new muslim kid in town was a terrorist and detained his parents, they mocked this EXACT same situation (and family guy at the same time) a couple of years ago, oh, and there was the episode just last week. They've hardly shied away from mocking muslims or terrorists.

Its a two part episode. What do you expect - them to just cancel part 2? Or are you just being an exceedingly stereotypical partisan hack that's upset that they've mocked Jesus before (ignoring the many times they've mocked other religions)?

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
You do realize they've made fun of muslims quite a few times in the past? Muhammad actually was shown in an early episode, they did an episode with a mock muslim terrorist attack a few years ago, they had a whole episode about 'who was really behind 9/11', they had an episode where cartman insisted a new muslim kid in town was a terrorist and detained his parents, they mocked this EXACT same situation (and family guy at the same time) a couple of years ago, oh, and there was the episode just last week. They've hardly shied away from mocking muslims or terrorists.

Its a two part episode. What do you expect - them to just cancel part 2? Or are you just being an exceedingly stereotypical partisan hack that's upset that they've mocked Jesus before (ignoring the many times they've mocked other religions)?

I think it's that last thing.

ShawnD1

Lifer
May 24, 2003
Interesting website. I'll try to read this whole thing if I have enough time :)

Hopefully South Park takes this as far as it can. Jewish Kyle has been attacked since the first episode and Jesus has been a character since the first season. It's only fair to show Muhammad a thousand times over.

Have they done any episodes where muslims actually WERE terrorists?
I think the imagination land episode had an Arab suicide bomber. I don't remember any episode explicitly saying Arabs (derka derka) were Muslims.