Muslim woman sues to wear veil for drivers license picture: What do you think?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

przero

Platinum Member
Dec 30, 2000
Originally posted by: Viper GTS
Take off the veil or don't drive.

Driving is not a right, it is a privilege. You play by the rules, or you don't drive.

It's that simple.

Viper GTS

That's it in a nutshell!

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
Originally posted by: Viper GTS
Take off the veil or don't drive.

Driving is not a right, it is a privilege. You play by the rules, or you don't drive.

It's that simple.

Viper GTS

Agreed

konichiwa

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: tcsenter

Well there is a difference between oppressing one's self and being oppressed. I was talking of the former, not the latter, at least in free countries where dumb people actually choose to belong to a repressive cult.

I hope you find your ignorance as blissful as the idiom.

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000
Originally posted by: Nitemare
Originally posted by: Aceshigh
Originally posted by: Zrom999
He has to go by the photo, veiled woman in photo, veiled woman in car... check move on to registration.

Thats not only moronic, it's dangerous.

You mean you can't recognize her from her drivers license picture?

"I don't show my face to strangers or unrelated males," Freeman said in an earlier Local 6 News report.

What's the problem, she could not find a chic in the whole dmv to snap her picture?

A female at the DMV would probably fall under the stranger part... :)

jadinolf

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
Originally posted by: MachFive
Read the article. What would the Qu'ran say about having a driver's license to begin with? I think this woman should stay on the safe side and use public transportation, just in case.

I just checked the Qu'ran. It says you don't have to take off your veil for a driver's license photo.
;)

Mister T

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2000
can't wait for playboy to call and lets see what else she might be willing to take off :)