Music thread? Come and share. I need to expand my horizons.

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
Lune - Healing Song [Easy Listening / Vocal trance?] This is just a nice relaxing song to chill out to. The best part is when the EDM breakout happens. She sings well too. How can you not like this song?

Arch Enemy - Snowbound [Slow metal / ballad] This is nothing but an instrumental guitar composition. So much emotion conveyed by those notes... pinched harmonics, vibrato, all making that guitar cry.. 0:55 is just absolutely gut wrenching.

Kygo - We Stole the Show [House / Pop] Mothereffin' Kygo. My friend introduced me to this song - he says this will be his retirement song. It's very apt.

Opeth - Ghost of Perdition [Death Metal] Alright let's get some real show going on here. I used to think metal was silly. Man this Swedish band got some SERIOUS talent and the song has a lot of heart. Lots of slow-downs, beautiful vocals, and pure heart-thumping

Samurai Chanploo OST - Shiki No Uta [Japanese ballad] Just absolutely poetic. Beautiful singing.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
If you think you are ready for it, give The Future Sound of Music a listen, by Ulver .... Masters of .... ummm .... changing genres every couple of years and inventing new ones

Reactions: Zeze

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
Lune - Healing Song [Easy Listening / Vocal trance?] This is just a nice relaxing song to chill out to. The best part is when the EDM breakout happens. She sings well too. How can you not like this song?

Arch Enemy - Snowbound [Slow metal / ballad] This is nothing but an instrumental guitar composition. So much emotion conveyed by those notes... pinched harmonics, vibrato, all making that guitar cry.. 0:55 is just absolutely gut wrenching.

Kygo - We Stole the Show [House / Pop] Mothereffin' Kygo. My friend introduced me to this song - he says this will be his retirement song. It's very apt.

Opeth - Ghost of Perdition [Death Metal] Alright let's get some real show going on here. I used to think metal was silly. Man this Swedish band got some SERIOUS talent and the song has a lot of heart. Lots of slow-downs, beautiful vocals, and pure heart-thumping

Samurai Chanploo OST - Shiki No Uta [Japanese ballad] Just absolutely poetic. Beautiful singing.

That Arch Enemy song was really nice. I looked up some more of their stuff and I wish I could just get the tracks without the "vocals".

Anyway, my contribution to this thread is Erotomania by Dream Theater, but I'm assuming you're familiar with them already.

Reactions: Zeze

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
On the subject of more prog metal type stuff, I assume Zeze you are probably already familiar with Leprous, but, if not, here yah go...

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
If you like Japanese Music, are you familiar with Kazuki Tomokawa (he was in the Takashi Miike Movie "Izo" and did the soundtrack, really interesting style he has.)

For something more beautiful and subtle, Anneke & Danny performing Anathema tunes is indescribable.

Audio only "A Naatural Disaster" performance https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3W8xNQ-pbQ

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011

Why?

Because sometimes you gotta let go of the search for extreme music, and remember when music just felt good.

Sure i can post you some hypermetal; grassroots sabbath covers, banjo bluegrass, experimental jazz or terrorcore bugglegum pop.
But not today.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

Why?

Because sometimes you gotta let go of the search for extreme music, and remember when music just felt good.

Sure i can post you some hypermetal; grassroots sabbath covers, banjo bluegrass, experimental jazz or terrorcore bugglegum pop.
But not today.

Charles Bradley covering Changes by Black Sabbath ?

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
Charles Bradley covering Changes by Black Sabbath ?
Actually, no. I was thinking Brown Sabbath:

But i could go on;
Beat It Trooper - MJ + Maiden mashup
or Children Of Bodom covering Britney Spears, or even Creedence
or "In A Metal Mood", Pat Boone doing a full album of metal covers.

Im keeping under wraps the *really* weird stuff: ska punk covers of Zappa, beethoven drum covers, chiptune bach, and barbershop jazz versions of show tunes.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Actually, no. I was thinking Brown Sabbath:

But i could go on;
Beat It Trooper - MJ + Maiden mashup
or Children Of Bodom covering Britney Spears, or even Creedence
or "In A Metal Mood", Pat Boone doing a full album of metal covers.

Im keeping under wraps the *really* weird stuff: ska punk covers of Zappa, beethoven drum covers, chiptune bach, and barbershop jazz versions of show tunes.
I meant ... how about some Charles Bradley covering Black Sabbath as ... "some music that just feels good" :)

That said, I love both of Brownouts Brown Sabbath cover albums quite a lot. Like, they are among my very very favorites. They were so damn good, that I bought their entire catalog, and those are the first latin funk albums I have ever bought. Now I like latin funk, because of them opening my mind. They are like Cuato!

Reactions: DigDog

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
What about Easy Star' All-Stars ?

They are a reggae-dub bad specializing in making full-album covers; for example their first album

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011

They are a reggae-dub bad specializing in making full-album covers; for example their first album, Dub Side Of The Moon, is a note-for-note cover (dub style, obviously) of Pink Floyd's Dark Side Of The Moon.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

They are a reggae-dub bad specializing in making full-album covers; for example their first album, Dub Side Of The Moon, is a note-for-note cover (dub style, obviously) of Pink Floyd's Dark Side Of The Moon.
I like King Tubby and Prince Jammys music, this sounds like something I MUST hear!

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I've been digging this lately.

I had to track down one of the scenes (t=148) in the video.
XieL6r3h9gwgzGcnbhf5lkbvLTOwiUi4YBHj9aHa_1920_1000.jpeg

Cormorant nests on Khyargas Lake, Mongolia.