[Music] help with this song i wrote

Syrch

Diamond Member
May 21, 2004
wow nicely done. I'll vote after i finish listening to the second

Vegitto

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
Sounds nice.. To be honest, I usually have the same problem. I don't know which one I like better.. :p

Alienwho

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2001
I've been going through your website. I like your style. You got a cool Stabbing Westward/Juliana Theory acoustic fusion thing going on.

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
i think i'm in love. :heart:

you have a melt in your mouth kinda voice. i like both versions of the song. alright, #2 if i have to choose.
also, if i may continue to critique, i hear an accent in your voice.... like Enrique Iglesias and then with a touch of John Mayer softness.

Qacer

Platinum Member
Apr 5, 2001
That is an awesome song! I vote for #2. If you had that song in your Sounds from the Basement album, I'd buy it. By the way, I'm digging Megan's Song, too.

supersloth

Apr 19, 2005
Originally posted by: Qacer
That is an awesome song! I vote for #2. If you had that song in your Sounds from the Basement album, I'd buy it. By the way, I'm digging Megan's Song, too.

well, it might make it to my next release :) can you put your finger on what you liked more about the second one?

Kreon

Golden Member
Oct 22, 2006
Originally posted by: supersloth
Originally posted by: Qacer

well, it might make it to my next release :) can you put your finger on what you liked more about the second one?

I like the second because there was a shorter intro (blowing wind effect)
It also had a better flow I thought

Alienwho

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2001
Originally posted by: Alienwho
Dude that's sweet. Could you post the chord progressions you used?

which version do you want chords to?
I like the first version better I think, so that would be awesome.

You should put some videos up on youtube as well.

Qacer

Platinum Member
Apr 5, 2001

I like the second one because the tempo is a bit faster than the first one. Since the lyrics already suggests some longing, a long wait, the first version just seemed a bit slow. I don't mind hearing about eternity, but I sure don't want to wait for it any longer. The second one was a bit faster, so instead of being part of the song, I felt that I was just listening to it.

How about that, huh? I learned that from writing all the BS crap needed to pass my Arts and Composition classes.

BehindEnemyLines

Jul 24, 2000
The first version suits me better since I can hear the words better (not a native English speaker). It's easier for me to understand. Do you mind posting the lyric on YOUR site or here on this post? Excellent job on both though.

zach0624

Jul 13, 2007
I think the second one was slighty more cd/radio friendly being quicker but I think both where excellent, this is coming from a guy who hasn't lasted through an entirelly acoustic song before, excellent job. The guitar sounds great and your vocals are awesome!

supersloth

Apr 19, 2005
Originally posted by: zach0624
I think the second one was slighty more cd/radio friendly being quicker but I think both where excellent, this is coming from a guy who hasn't lasted through an entirelly acoustic song before, excellent job. The guitar sounds great and your vocals are awesome!

thanks! yea the faster tempo in the second one is nice, but i think the guitar and vocal work is much better in the second one. i'll probably end up using ideas from both of them for my final version.

PELarson

Platinum Member
Mar 27, 2001
The second version. Excellent voice, music, lyrics, and playing but the first one sounds a little to echoee.