Question multiple website home screen in Chrome browser?

GunsMadeAmericaFree

Golden Member
Jan 23, 2007
At work (school) we used to have Firefox, and I could have all of the websites we used for the students as a "home page", just by having the tabs open and setting it as home.

Our school took Firefox off of our smartboards, and put Chrome on there instead. So far, I haven't found an easy way to do the same thing in Chrome browser. Can anyone give me some hints? Thanks so much!

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
If I understand you correctly, you want Chrome to start by opening a pre-defined set of tabs?

chrome://settings/onStartup

choose 'open a specific page or set of pages'
'use current pages' and/or keep 'add a new page'

should do it?

Reactions: balloonshark
Jul 27, 2020
1692122753925.png
Use the shortcut button for every URL just one time and then every time you open, they will be there. Sadly, no way to import a bunch of URLs that I could find.

GunsMadeAmericaFree

Golden Member
Jan 23, 2007
Hmm. I don't see "add shortcut" anywhere. This is the Windows desktop version. I have added tabs to the browser, but they are not retained either - when I exit and relaunch, the tabs that I added are gone. I think they are managed by the tech guys at our school.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
Hmm. I don't see "add shortcut" anywhere. This is the Windows desktop version. I have added tabs to the browser, but they are not retained either - when I exit and relaunch, the tabs that I added are gone. I think they are managed by the tech guys at our school.
If there's some school policy that's making Chrome's configuration read-only, that might be screwing things up for you.