Multiple cell phones?

Parasitic

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2002
Does anyone here have more than 1 cell phone they use on a daily basis? I'm with Cingular now (on a family plan) but I'm thinking about getting a Sidekick iD with T-mobile for just data only. How has that worked out for any of you?

TheGizmo

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2000
carrying 2 cellies kinda sucks. i had to do it for work for a while til i finally just gave up my personal cell phone # and kept my work phone.

effowe

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 2004
Why would you want to sign another contract and buy a new phone when you could just get a smart phone with a data plan under your current contract? Seems like a waste to me.

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
Unless work gave me a phone, no way in hell would I carry two.

Parasitic

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2002
Originally posted by: effowe
Why would you want to sign another contract and buy a new phone when you could just get a smart phone with a data plan under your current contract? Seems like a waste to me.

Cingular data prices are kinda expensive. $40/mo for unlimited data on my blackjack, whereas a sidekick would only cost me $30 a month + unlimited text messages.

SLCentral

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2003
Get an iPhone for Cingular and be done with it. Unlimited data for $20 and kicks the pants off a Sidekick.

Parasitic

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2002
Originally posted by: SLCentral
Get an iPhone for Cingular and be done with it. Unlimited data for $20 and kicks the pants off a Sidekick.

Can't. I am on corp discount and an iPhone would nullify that.
Plus iPhones are too expensive to begin with.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Originally posted by: Queasy
Unless work gave me a phone, no way in hell would I carry two.

I won't take calls from customers on my cell phone, since work refuses to pay for the plan. If they want to get a hold of me that badly, make them pony up for that Blackberry that I asked for last year.

tfinch2

Lifer
Feb 3, 2004
Originally posted by: Parasitic

Cingular data prices are kinda expensive. $40/mo for unlimited data on my blackjack, whereas a sidekick would only cost me $30 a month + unlimited text messages.

Hobart might be a little too small for me. Ideally, I'm looking for something around ~8,000-12,000 undergrads.

Wrong thread? :confused:

SLCentral

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2003
Originally posted by: tfinch2
Originally posted by: Parasitic

Hobart might be a little too small for me. Ideally, I'm looking for something around ~8,000-12,000 undergrads.

Wrong thread? :confused:

Haha, this is why you do not reply to multiple threads at once :p.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
When people have more than one phone it's usually not all of them they carry. Most have them setup so it's still the same number. They may have a crappy phone for the boat, a bling bling phone for the club and an average phone for day to day...etc.

Many phones allow more than one number to ring to them as well, no need to carry two.

legoman666

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2003
I have my personal phone. Then work gave me a phone. I carry my work phone at work, and my personal phone at other times. Hate carrying them both.

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
Originally posted by: intogamer
GUYS!!! Have you every heard of GSM call forwarding? lol

its a win win situation
That's what I did back when I had both a work phone and a personal phone.:thumbsup: