Mukasey reopens inquiry into domestic spying programs.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
The jury is still out on Mukasey. But days into his tenure a long stalled investigations restarts.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/200...INAop6Uv0.WDDgaNSs0NUE

It may be somewhat suspicious that long missing security clearances suddenly are granted, maybe implying its going to be an reopen the investigation, apply white wash, and then close it as finished, but dare we dream, that Mukasey may becomes GWB&co's worst nightmare?

Mukasey was cagey with congress, and may have been similarly cagey with GWB. Appearing to be all things to all people can have its own advantages. But we will likely soon see whose man Mukasey will be?

Somehow I think I will settle for Mukasey being out for Mukasey. After all 14 months max is hardly job security or future opportunity for someone already retired. And Mukasey has just been handed the keys to the Fox's guard shack and cemetery where the bodies are buried.

Gonzales used to hate going to the Senate, Mukasey might well have a chance to return to a better reception.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Schumer and Feinstein would not be recommending him if he was another Bush shill or a pushover like Colin Powell.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Originally posted by: Pabster
We'll see if your opinion changes after a few weeks, a few months, Lemon.

Nothing ventured, nothing lost. He can't be much worse than Gonzo.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: senseamp
Schumer and Feinstein would not be recommending him if he was another Bush shill or a pushover like Colin Powell.

Oh boy!

heyheybooboo

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2007
I wonder why this thread gets a low rating?

Because Bush stonewalls a domestic spying inquiry?

Is it because . . . ???

Bush's decision to authorize the spy agency to monitor people inside the United States, without warrants, generated a host of questions about the program's legal justification.

It remains to be seen as to whether Mukasey is simply the Fox and this matter becomes a 'whitewash' of revisionist history in domestic spying.

Was this a 'backroom' deal? Did Bush agree to reopen the inquiry into the government's warrantless wiretapping program to get Mukasey approved? mmmm.....

And I wonder how that TelCo immunity before Congress is going to play out . . . .

manowar821

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2007
All I know is, whenever I call someone, I always start the conversation with:

"hate,terrorist,nuke,whitehouse,george bush,WTC,9/11,islam,allah,anarchy,attack!,holywar,fascist,kill,destroy,chemical-bomb,death to america! Hey man, what's going on? Wanna hang out and get some coffee?"

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Originally posted by: manowar821
All I know is, whenever I call someone, I always start the conversation with:

"hate,terrorist,nuke,whitehouse,george bush,WTC,9/11,islam,allah,anarchy,attack!,holywar,fascist,kill,destroy,chemical-bomb,death to america! Hey man, what's going on? Wanna hang out and get some coffee?"

you forgot anthrax and dirty nuke hahahaha

good one!