Mueller documents/interviews to be release to Congress

thilanliyan

Lifer
Jun 21, 2005
Is that picture from the judge's ruling? If so, dear God. The judge is saying that their decision the release grand jury materials is based on a conclusion that the executive is committing obstruction of justice...
Is the judge's decision consistent with precedent or the law?

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
So does this include *all* the grand jury testimony? If so, expect at least a couple juicy tidbits...least of which will be witnesses knowingly misleading the grand jury with false statements.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I look forward to the inevitable appeal and at least one Trump appointed judge issuing a dissent where they argue the president is now king of the moon.
he appeal, the en banc appeal & the appeal to the SCOTUS. Congress may get the stuff before the election.

ewdotson

Golden Member
Oct 30, 2011
Is that picture from the judge's ruling? If so, dear God. The judge is saying that their decision the release grand jury materials is based on a conclusion that the executive is committing obstruction of justice...
Yup. The politico article has a link to the opinion. It's straight out of that.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Add to it that the judge also said that the impeachment inquiry is legal and you have a couple more nails in the coffin. Trump must be apoplectic.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Not to be a pessimist but regardless of what shows up in the docs, the GOP doesn't seem interested in the health of the democracy....which is different from when Nixon was there.
Oh I bet to the contrary. They don't care about the Democrats, but this is now a judicial matter and the House has extraordinary powers and in that capacity very much a judiciary. The SCOTUS can and will, even with Trump's picks, enforce it's judgments in law with contempt citations and up to and including detaining administration officials via the Marshals who will certainly not obey an illegitimate President in defying the SCOTUS.

This shit is as real as it gets. If the GOP obstructs it can be seen as a criminal matter and generally screw Mitch in a hundred ways.

Complain and comply or face very real consequences. If Trump tries to pardon? There's a good chance that the SCOTUS will find the abuse of office warrants constraints when defending one's self.

This is a really bad day for the Administration

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Not to be a pessimist but regardless of what shows up in the docs, the GOP doesn't seem interested in the health of the democracy....which is different from when Nixon was there.
The Republican party depends on the Russian Mafia to stay in power.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Add to it that the judge also said that the impeachment inquiry is legal and you have a couple more nails in the coffin. Trump must be apoplectic.

So...does that establish a precedent? The judge literally wrote “DOJ is wrong” in her decision, so does that mean any further attempts at derailing the impeachment inquiry (I.e. urging witnesses not to testify) should be treated as obstruction of justice?

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Maddow is saying that the grand jury materials contain evidence that Trump had advanced knowledge of Russian interference activities, including the hacking. Her source is remarks contained in the judge's ruling.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
So...does that establish a precedent? The judge literally wrote “DOJ is wrong” in her decision, so does that mean any further attempts at derailing the impeachment inquiry (I.e. urging witnesses not to testify) should be treated as obstruction of justice?
'Clearly a based judge' so I would bet there will be an appeal. Only when the joke is finally ended do we see whether there will be court compliance or a constitutional crisis, I think.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
I give Trump credit for lasting this long. I take that credit back and then some for Trump being his own worst enemy and being oblivious to it and his knucklehead supporters for not appreciating what that actually really means in the way of how much of a threat to the nation he is because of it.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
A lot of rulings coming down not favorable to the efforts of Donald Trump.
All of this will eventually end up in the US Supreme Court. And then we will learn once and for all if Trump, with the helping of Mitch McConnell, if Trump stacking the high court will pay off forDonald Trump.
Facts are, the court could rule in favor of Trump on every issue regardless of previous rulings by lower federal courts. Trump could easily win the whole enchilada in the US Supreme Court. And for the Trump court, those rulings would be so simple for the Trump court to justify. For one, the Trump court could simply agree that a sitting president can not be distracted with this kind of distraction, and thus Trump wins them all and the impeachment is forced to a halt.
That taking place would again amount to rewriting the US constitution and perverting the US constitution process to favor one single president.
This would be nothing new...
Mitch McConnell has already perverted the constitution when Obama was president. Now the Donald Trump US Supreme Court will do the same.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
It's probably too late, but it would be nice to de-Barr the Mueller report. One thing I will give Trump credit for, hiring Barr, pulling the pre-release report was a mastery of mindfuck for the American public

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000