Much simpler times when you're young

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
Something brought back memories from the late 1980s.

Simpler , happier times without responsibility or worry

Last edited:
Reactions: deustroop

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I often think about places I used to hang out as a kid, like various parks and such around town. All those parks are still there but have different playground equipment. I kinda wish I had pictures of what it looked like before, just for nostalgia.

My biggest memories is hanging out in those parks, but also being at home playing NES and SNES with friends. Simpler times indeed. I'm glad I grew up in the 90's, and not now. I wouldn't want to be a kid in school today.

Reactions: Captante

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca

Life in general is much more demanding on kids now days socially due to phones/social media etc, but also economically once they get older. Good luck finding a good secure paying job now, and also being able to afford a house. Those are just some aspects. Overall I do think we probably had it easier, life was just simpler and more care free.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
Life in general is much more demanding on kids now days socially due to phones/social media etc, but also economically once they get older. Good luck finding a good secure paying job now, and also being able to afford a house. Those are just some aspects. Overall I do think we probably had it easier, life was just simpler and more care free.
yeah, more care free.
not instantly connected with something on your hip

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
I have a lot of fond memories growing up in the 70s and 80s. I also have a lot of bad ones. Seems like a lot of friends and acquaintances I grew up with are dying off either naturally or not. I'm in my late 50s and wish I could time travel back and fix shit but alas, tech is not there yet. I'm just hoping I live long enough to upload my being into the cloud! :)