MTR! Still waiting for people to sign up!

Confused

Elite Member
Nov 13, 2000
Below is a list of those who eigned up interest for the MTR when Tarca started the thread, however now he is busy trying to get his MSCE, so i have offered to halp with the MTR :)

For those new to the Team or MTRs, here's a quick overview :)
Mini Team Races (or MTR) is an idea started over a year ago in a bid to spice things up a bit in the Seti Team. They involve those who sign up being split into mini teams and are pitted against each other in a race. The classic way (option 5 below) is to have a set period or date to race to, and the team with the most total WU wins, and they will gain the respect and love of the other teams...actually, no, they'll get rediculed and taunted by all the other teams! :D

However to spice it up even more this time round we are going to vote on one of the 5 options thought up by Eponymous as listed below. A failure to vote means that you agree wholeheartedly to go with the one with the most votes :)

Here are the ideas for MTR style (courtesy Eponymous :)):

In each scenario we would break into 5 to 8 fairly balanced teams (dependant on total racers)

Version 1: High score wins.
The team with the high score for the day gets one point. The team with say 10 points wins.

Version 2: Volleyball scoring.
The team who won yesterday AND today gets one point. The team with say 10 points wins.
(A little more strategy with this one, as other teams can now block point attempts)

Version 3: World Cup mtr.
Each team is matched against each other team in a Round Robin fasion. The top 4 teams go
to the semifinals and the winners of that goes to the Finals.

Version 4: Odds and Evens.
If the Teams score for the day is odd then they get a point, zero points for an even score. Also if one
team member doesn't turn in at least one WU then that team scratches and no points for the day.
The team to first reach 21 points wins. (Ties are broken by the team with the highest total WU count
for the game.) This one has the advantage that it doesn't matter so much if you didn't estimate your
total WU production very well.

Version 5: The old way.
The team with the highest total WU count at the end of a set period wins. (The old stand-by).

Please check the list below and if you're name is there, let me know your average daily production, and if you're not on the list and wish to take part in the MTR speak up and I will add you :)

Signed up but not checked in:
Name..........Production
cakin..........
CyGoR + Cobra..........
DroolMAN..........
Elfenix..........
Eltano1..........
Fingers..........
Idoxash..........
IndyJaws..........
paf077..........
PieDerro..........
Polo..........
sduguid..........
Smokeball..........
SoulAssassin..........
teriba..........
ys..........
zodder..........

Signed up and checked in:
Confused..........5
conjur..........36.5
Crazee..........73
Domination..........30
Engineer..........47
Evadman..........
EvilWobbles..........40
Freewolf..........30
IJump..........155
IsOs..........90
lane42..........42
LastKnight..........70
m2kewl..........82
Marrkks..........18.5
micron..........20
minendo..........11
Mk4..........3.5
MoFunk..........25
networkman..........10
OhioDude..........22.5
Panhead49..........15
RaySun2Be..........37
Rattledagger v2..........2
Rattledagger v3..........5
Rattledagger v3.03..........2
Rattledagger v3.06..........5
ReaganCRW..........17
soni..........51
Spacehead..........1.5
strider7..........10
swanny..........15
Tarca..........33
Team Geekenders..........20
Team Pazoo..........55
Tetsuo316..........11.5
thecool1..........8
The Federation..........50
Toft / Vold - DK..........22.5
WayneS..........40

imported_CyberWire

Apr 26, 2000
around 8 these days.. but i have a 3 week vacation coming up so maybe higher/lower.. but as of now im at 8..

lets race :)

(oh yeah.. 1st!!! woot :) )

IJump

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2001
I would have to say that I am at about 155/day right now...

Marrkks

Jun 9, 2001
I'm good for 17.5, 17 or 18 take your pick. depends on the WU Gods.;)
rolleye.gif

what no Division play. 2 divisions, winner in each division for the big trophy( or hot tub). ok I shhh now. I have cast my vote.( warning: I live in Florida :Q) so I'm not sure exactely how the vote will count.:confused:

RaySun2Be

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I like the old way, but I've decided to cast my vote for something different this time. :)

I should be good for ~35WUs average per day. :)

LOL@Marrkks! :D

WoooHooo, an MTR! :D
/me goes to the garage and starts tinkering with the Red Rascal Rider, to get it ready for the MTR

Muahahahaha! :D

soni

Diamond Member
May 29, 2000
Havent missed one yet, and Im not about to start :D

Count me in for 50-52 WU/day :p

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
My average is around 11 per day since I lost all my other rigs. Only have my duallie left.

networkman

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
I'm currently at 0 and have been for a while, but I'll be firing up at least one rig for this so count me in for say 5 to 7 WUs per day. :)

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
I'm not sure what my avg is as I have a couple of machines in flux. One I think needs a new mobo (one of those Tyan dual XP boards that we got oh so cheap from Newegg) Have to hit reset about 1028 times before it finally boots. Tried different RAM and still have probs...not sure what it is.

Anyway...I'll see how the next few days go and what my avg settles into.

OhioDude

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2001
You'd better count me at 22-23 per day.

Starting tomorrow evening, I'll have a nice little boost from a customer's machine I'll be hot staging until next Thursday, so my average will be inflated for the coming week.

MoFunk

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2000
IN IN IN Please! I am at around 25 a day give or take. Any style scoring is fine with me!

MoFunk

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2000
Originally posted by: Marrkks
I'm good for 17.5, 17 or 18 take your pick. depends on the WU Gods.;)
rolleye.gif

what no Division play. 2 divisions, winner in each division for the big trophy( or hot tub). ok I shhh now. I have cast my vote.( warning: I live in Florida :Q) so I'm not sure exactely how the vote will count.:confused:

LOL....do you have dimpled chads?
:D

BofRA

Platinum Member
Apr 26, 2002
Count me in for about 17 per day with weekly dumps of about 50 more.

ReaganCRW

PeterN

Golden Member
Nov 19, 1999
Don't know exactly for the Federation, but I think we're hoovering somewhere around 50 right now, the average for about two weeks. :D

My senior officer, Engineer, can correct me if I'm way off. :p

Have also cast my vote. Hopefully my vote will count also in Florida, since it is from The Netherlands. :p

EvilWobbles

Golden Member
Nov 13, 2001
Count me in for about 40. I'm running above that right now but will be losing at least on of my rigs.

Actually it's a laptop (P4 1.6A) I've been hiding from its rightful owner. But now, he seems to want it back.

Hey, it's not my fault us IT guys need to burn in new machines for a minimum of three weeks! And how else are you supposed to burn in a system other than running Seti? ;)