MTA's New Ad Policy Encourages More Vandalism And Violence

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 10, 2000
No I am not a parody, I have what people consider "extreme" views but its not true. Yes I want to end welfare and believe the radicals are going to attempt to take over, There is truth and evidence behind this

do-not-feed-the-trolls.jpg

Feb 10, 2000
Good find, it sounds delicious. We have quite an overabundance of Italian restaurants in my area, I'm definitely asking/looking for it in the future.

A company called Talenti makes delicious gelato that is widely sold in grocery stores. The sea salt caramel is especially tasty.

Feb 6, 2007
Good find, it sounds delicious. We have quite an overabundance of Italian restaurants in my area, I'm definitely asking/looking for it in the future.
You've never had gelato? Oh, man, you are in for a treat. It was all the rage here a few years back. It's died down a bit, but there's still a lot of places that serve it. Rich, creamy heaven.

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
I like them both, though there's no question sherbet is the white trash cousin of sorbet.

Anybody else get sherbet when they were kids and had a cold or a fever or something? That association is so strong with me now that sherbet is revolting when I'm healthy but I crave it when I'm sick. It can't be any kind of fancy or decent sherbet either. It's gotta be that multi colored shit that comes in the clear plastic tub and has been sitting in the back of the freezer at the supermarket long enough to be coated in frozen condensate.

Emos

Golden Member
Oct 27, 2000
A company called Talenti makes delicious gelato that is widely sold in grocery stores. The sea salt caramel is especially tasty.

I'll throw my hat in the ring and also praise gelato over regular ice cream! I've had the sea salt also and it's delicious :) There used to be a gelato store called Paciugo near me that had the most fabulous flavors...it was a horrible day when I found out they closed shop. Guess the customers in SW FL were dismissive of that "fancy dancy foreigner ice cream" *sigh*

Feb 10, 2000
Do they have that on the east coast or is that a regional thing? Capogiro makes the best gelato in Philly...

I think it's a nationwide thing. Even Target sells it here (though I am in the Land of Target, so it may not be sold at Target stores elsewhere), and they have it at the Twins ballpark (Target Field).

lotus503

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2005
I'll throw my hat in the ring and also praise gelato over regular ice cream! I've had the sea salt also and it's delicious :) There used to be a gelato store called Paciugo near me that had the most fabulous flavors...it was a horrible day when I found out they closed shop. Guess the customers in SW FL were dismissive of that "fancy dancy foreigner ice cream" *sigh*

I will subvert this discussion, because I favor frozen yogurt above all the listed refreshing desserts.

Apr 27, 2012
the only trolls i see here are the ones replying and baiting the OP

it's a fair point. they're basically saying "react to an ad with violence and we'll remove it".

Agreed. This is not good because unpopular speech can be attacked on the subways

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Do they have that on the east coast or is that a regional thing? Capogiro makes the best gelato in Philly...

I get mine at Target. They only sell 4-5 varieties though. Some of the high end grocery stores in the area have a better variety. Pretty sure I have gotten it at Kroger before, too.

Emos

Golden Member
Oct 27, 2000
I will subvert this discussion, because I favor frozen yogurt above all the listed refreshing desserts.

This is the mind of a frozen yogurt lover, look at it real good. The gelato people have spoken and may great f**k be upon you.

Am I doing this right guys? ;)

Xecuter

Golden Member
Aug 17, 2004
jihadwatch - lolz

there's also evidence the world is ending in 2012 bahaha

also, frozen custard > *

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005
Troll: In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,[3]extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[4] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[5] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

Now that we've defined what a troll is maybe we can move on.

What the hell is MTA? something transportation association?

Feb 6, 2007
Cool Whip sort of is sweetened, whipped lard, isn't it? Or is it chemically more like shaving cream?
I think it's more like an industrial strength varnish, whipped into a froth and dyed white. On the plus side, it does shine your colon up real good, so be sure to eat a big vat of it the night before getting a physical. Your doctor will thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.