MSNBC has went way left, Fox News was already way right

Mail5398

Jul 9, 2001
What should I watch? It seems the cable channels have already picked their candidate? Who can I watch to get the real news without all of the bias?

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
Originally posted by: Mail5398
What should I watch? It seems the cable channels have already picked their candidate? Who can I watch to get the real news without all of the bias?

Watch them all and make an opinion.... Quit waiting for someone to spell it out for you...

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000
You complain about CNN being boring yet then complain about how Fox (right) and MSNBC (left) do it.

News a lot of time is boring, if you want just the facts. If you want spin and half truths with opinions mixed in then you get Fox type "news" entertainmnet.

Mail5398

Jul 9, 2001
Originally posted by: UberNeuman

Watch them all and make an opinion.... Quit waiting for someone to spell it out for you...

I don't have all day to watch TV.

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000

If you want informative news, don't watch TV at all. It's strictly for entertainment purposes at this point.

Mail5398

Jul 9, 2001
Originally posted by: Marlin1975
You complain about CNN being boring yet then complain about how Fox (right) and MSNBC (left) do it.

News a lot of time is boring, if you want just the facts. If you want spin and half truths with opinions mixed in then you get Fox type "news" entertainmnet.

I do watch CNN but they could liven it up a little. Wolf Blitzer is like a zombie sometimes.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Balt

If you want informative news, don't watch TV at all. It's strictly for entertainment purposes at this point.

Agreed.

glugglug

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2002
If you want real TV news instead of just fluff, the only serious choice is Comedy Central, especially between 11pm and midnight.

Auryg

Platinum Member
Dec 28, 2003
CNBC. Seriously. NPR for the radio.

You might think that all CNBC covers is business/money, but they cover everything in order to do that.

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
Originally posted by: Balt

I agree except that TV news serves its purpose when video is required. Economic news? Forget it, there is no point to see some talking head. Unusual events like 9/11, war, natural disasters or LA riots? You need the video to understand the magnitude of what's going on.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Personally, I use drudgereport.com as my main headline and follow up with P&N. I don't think drudge is really right or left, I think it's very trigger-happy on new news items, grabs them from all sources, and doesn't waste as much time on useless sh*t that CNN would like some fvcking dog had a litter of puppies and the owner gave them to hurricane victims. In the couple years since doing it and switching from CNN I've never missed key news and I can always follow up elsewhere if necessary.

I should add I also use money.cnn.com, so between it and drudge and P&N that is where I get my headlines.

I very rarely watch the news. It's an extremely slow means of getting information. Exceptions would be a speech or debate or something or truly shocking new news and I want video, but for regular stuff tv is a horrible way of getting information.

Oh, I listen to NPR for maybe 15 minutes/day while driving. I like their content and quality.

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
BBC or China Channel / CC-TV 9

If I had to watch TV, and I don't, so I just use the net and stay away from the christain science monitor.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Lets see if I can quite get my arms around this now suddenly relevant three little bears plus Goldilocks question.

Here we, the American people are Goldilocks. Who have been so foolish that we have left home, left the doors unlocked, and let the three bears of MSNbC and Fox News sneak into our homes, steal our porrage, and sleep in out beds. And perp one was pappa bear.

Even though Goldie forgot to lock the doors, now we have to listen to Pappa Bear complain that the porrage is too cold, Mamma bear complains that the porrage is too hot, and my favorite baby bear says is just right as baby beat eats Golfielock's lunch. Fast forward, after a hard day trespassing, its bedtime for bears in Goldilock's bed room. Mamma bear complains the beds are too hard, Pappa bear says they are too soft, and baby bear finds they are just right.

Shortly thereafter Goldielocks come home and discovers she has been robbed. And after some thought, realizes she can't call the cops because they do not exist in this FCC script. And given the fact that she can now opt to sleep with Fox News, MSNBC news , or baby bear, Goldie wisely opts to sleep with baby bear.

Now the analogy finally complete, we, the American people, must decide who is the real Pappa Bear big jerk asshole, MSNBC or Fox News?

Kinda a no brainer now with the recent news. Was it or was it not Sean Hannity who went off on the big stinking rant and got owned in the process. Sounds like the real big ahole just stood up and Fox News is the real Pappa Bear perp. And Sarah Palin is more like MSNBC, she may have defective family values because her daughter is already preggies. But no matter, baby bear may be cool, but you have to be retarded to let either Papa or Mamma Bear into your home.

You too can live happily ever after.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
PBS. But generally you are better off reading the Economist and Google News links.

Obsoleet

Platinum Member
Oct 2, 2007
NPR, BBC, Google News

I get Potus08 free on XM radio due to having a new Pontiac car.. I like that sometimes too.

Malachi Ritscher lit himself on fire in Chicago to protest the war, and I never would've heard about it without Al-Jazeera English reporting it (http://english.aljazeera.net/). I keep an eye on them as well. I don't live that far from Chicago either and local media didn't report it.
Quite a significant American story to hardly be a footnote in American media, so I don't trust American media.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Radio free Berkeley is about the only place for real information. The Pacifica stations and something out of Denver. In short, you will hear nothing at all from the left in any commercial media because it threatens corporations and they have spent billions formatting your mind.

Anyway, you don't need news. You have already been formatted and you are now brain dead. What you thought was a need for objective information was just a glitch in the matrix. What you need to do is go out and buy something. Maybe a blue pill.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
NPR is good. They will get some idiot Democrat or Republican on and ask they what they thought of this or that from Obama or McCain, and you get this amazingly shocking phenomena where the Republican loves all Republican and hates all Democrat and visa versa and in this way they preserve perfect balance and maintain their government funding.

brxndxn

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2001
CNN is left.. while still supporting the Military Industrial Complex.. Fox News is right.. supporting the MIC.. MSNBC is wayyy left.. supporting the MIC..

If you don't support the MIC, you have no cable news outlet to watch.. unless you watch International news stations.

brandonb

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 2006
BBC news is actually pretty good! I am impressed everytime I catch it on the tube. But online I read CNN. Its very biased in certain directions (pro illegal immigration) but I read those articles and chuckle.