MSI Suprim X 3080 Ti running games at REALLY LOW FPS

bubbabigsexy

Jul 6, 2008
So I recently got my hands on a MSI Suprim X 3080 ti. I paid a ton of money for it. Before I had 980 Ti in sli, so this is supposed to be a huge upgrade. I had a guy install it for me with water cooling. It looks amazing. However, all the games I'm playing are still running as if I had the 980 Ti sli set up still in the pc. I'm also getting really low scores on 3DMark and Unigine Heaven 4.0. I'm running on a 144hz BenQ monitor at 1440p.

Unigine Heaven 4.0: The score was around 2500 which is short of the 4000 that I see posted by every one else.
3DMARK Time Spy: 7809, which is not even close to the average of 17,500.
Fire Strike Ultra: 4642, where the average is 12,500.

In games, I'm getting barely 45 fps in most games. RDR2 is giving me 45fps but I should be over 100, Crysis Remastered - 30fps, Necromunda: Hired Gun - 45fps, Horizon Zero Dawn - 45fps, RE2, RE3, and RE Village all give me 50 fps. In Doom Eternal, where I'm supposed to be around 270fps at 1440p, I'm barely breaking 90. Assassin's Creed Valhalla is giving me around 45fps but it should be closer to 80fps. On Godfall, I can barely break 50fps. The Witcher 3 is also barely breaking 60fps. FH4 is giving me 50-70 fps where I should be getting close to 200. Shadow of the Tomb Raider is giving me 60fps but it should be over 190fps.

Then I just checked CP2077: I compared it with a guy on Youtube and put in the exact settings he was running. He was getting 75fps. I was getting 25fps.

I don't know what else to do at this point. I have uninstalled and reinstalled my gpu drivers with DDU. The guy that put it together for me, that also put my last system together, and I've used him for 6 years now, has said I need to reinstall a clean version of windows. I don't really want to do that because I have so many programs on my computer and I don't want to have to spend a whole day reinstalling everything. Has anybody got any ideas what I can do about this?

My specs are:
i9-9900k
3080 ti
32gb Corsair Vengeance 3200
Corsair RM850x PSU
ROG ASUS XI Formula Motherboard
Both my cpu and gpu are water cooled with EK Water Blocks
BenQ EX3203r 1440p 144hz monitor

Thanks to anyone that can tell me what to do here or give me a good suggestion to try. I don't think my new 3080 ti is bad, but I don't know what else to do and I really don't want to reinstall windows unless it will definitely fix the problem.

Attachments

• Screenshot (555).png
    Screenshot (555).png
    193.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot (562).png
    Screenshot (562).png
    1.6 MB · Views: 6

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Did you remember to set XMP on your memory when you set it up? Otherwise, it won't run at 3200 speed, it will run 2133 and slow everything down.

Edit: You have water blocks? Surely then, you're no n00b, you wouldn't have forgotten that.

Can you check the GPU temp while "idle" on the Windows desktop? If temps are even slightly elevated, you might back a background "miner virus", that's sucking away your FPS.

Is your pump flowing? Do you have water temp sensors?

Checked your CPU / GPU temps for throttling? Maybe CPU is dry and throttling.

blckgrffn

Diamond Member
May 1, 2003
www.teamjuchems.com
Yeah, a 3080ti should crush 1440p. I can't speak for your scores but definitely something seems off.

The 9900K isn't the absolute best but it should get a ton of performance out of that GPU.

I've not had to reinstall Windows in a really long time to change a GPU, especially staying with the same brand (AMD -> AMD, Nvidia -> Nvidia) so I feel like that is unlikely to fix the problem.

You could, with some effort get a clean install on another hard drive if that is what it takes for your builder to give you some love. Get a 250GB ssd of some flavor, stick it in there and get W10 up and running even in eval mode (no key response in the install) and point out the lack of performance there.

Realistically, if you paid to get this setup and can prove that it's not up to snuff I would hope this guy would have the pride to re-check your loop and block install.

I would get that fresh W10 install done, verify the lack of improvements, and let him know.

bubbabigsexy

Jul 6, 2008
Did you remember to set XMP on your memory when you set it up? Otherwise, it won't run at 3200 speed, it will run 2133 and slow everything down.

Edit: You have water blocks? Surely then, you're no n00b, you wouldn't have forgotten that.

Can you check the GPU temp while "idle" on the Windows desktop? If temps are even slightly elevated, you might back a background "miner virus", that's sucking away your FPS.

Is your pump flowing? Do you have water temp sensors?

Checked your CPU / GPU temps for throttling? Maybe CPU is dry and throttling.
The XMP is set properly. There are no problems with any of the temps. Everything is running cool, especially with the water cooling flowing through both the cpu and gpu.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
A fresh install with a new 250GB-class SSD is as good an idea as any, I suppose. That might be able to tell you if there are baseline hardware issues, apart from your current migrated OS installation. If there are no issues, then it seems that you might need to re-install to see full performance out of your rig.

Reactions: Shmee