MSI K8NGM2-FID Memtest error

tempoct

May 1, 2006
Hi,
Just got this board this weekend. Put together and try memtest and got a bunch of errors (from the first test). I upgrade the board from my old Jetway A210GDMS and all HW are tested good on that board.

Here's my setup:
Athlon 64 3200+ E6
2x512 Corsair Value Select DDR400
2x512 Corsair XMS DDR400

BIOS: V.3.2, default setup

I read somewhere before I got the board that there's some issue with Bios v3.2 and memtest but couldn't find exactly where it was.

I'm trying to follow overclocking instruction I found in the official thread of this board but didn't achieve good result.

Any idea?

Thanks,
tempoct

tempoct

May 1, 2006
BTW, I ran Prime95 on Windows for 6 hrs with no error on same setting !?
Usually, it's easier to fail Prime95 compared to Memtest....

Any thought??

tempoct

May 1, 2006
I read that thread (not entirely though) and there's mentioning about diabling the legacy USB device but I can't find the messages that talk about it in detail.
(the thread is too long to read the whole thing! Search doesn't return good result either). I've just wonder is there any thread talking about this specific problem?

oldnavy

Apr 18, 2006
It is a long read. There are some posts in there that tie the problem to legacy USB, but that may or may not be the problem. If it doesn't cause problems in normal use, it should not be a problem. You could try another application to verify stability, like SuperPi and Prime95. Hopefully a future bios upgrade will fix this.