Question MSI GT-710

dss7751

Sep 5, 2020
Very frustrating issue trying to install MSI GT-710 on a HP H8-1414. This machine has no video out ports of any kind. It has one full size PCI-E slot which has the original Radeon graphics board installed. I of course tried to pull the old board, install new 710 but the monitor says “no signal” and all stops. I then thought that if I installed driver package and then do swap...but will not install without GPU installed...

The pc has a Angelica-2 mobo, Window 10 Pro x64, 300 W power, and appears to meet minimum specs for the 710.

Help....

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
Have you updated the motherboard's BIOS to the newest version?

OEMs like HP aren't known for adding much functionality to their older products, and since it's an older motherboard (2012), it might be an incompatibility issue.

dss7751

Sep 5, 2020
Have you updated the motherboard's BIOS to the newest version?

OEMs like HP aren't known for adding much functionality to their older products, and since it's an older motherboard (2012), it might be an incompatibility issue.
Thanks very much for responding. I fixed my problem and it turned out to be Secure Boot. I disabled Secure Boot, enabled Legacy installs, saved, powered down, switched boards, powered up and the 710 installed perfectly. Who would have thought...

Reactions: VirtualLarry